“Nice guest house”

Ranked #7 of 61 Carlisle B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Nice guest house”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This guest house was easy to find and the rooms were very pretty if a bit small. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was en-suite. Breakfast was also very good. Very nice place, all in all.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
Deception Bay, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2011

We couldn't fault the friendly, helpful service we received during our stay here. Even to the extent that when I told the owner on departure that I had torn my jeans the night previous she gave me a needle and colour matched thread to mend them. It's those little extras that make your stay something to remember. The room was beautifully decorated and immaculate and breakfast fantastic. Thank you for a rememberable stay.

Room Tip: I believe they are all of the same top quality
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
lancashire
Reviewed May 2, 2011

If your visiting Carlisle this is the place to stay! Me and my partner and my sister and her partner treated our parents to a night in Carlisle. I must admit after reading some of the reviews on this site i was a bit concerned about the BnB but i am so glad i booked any way. On arrival we were greeted by a lovely woman, very friendly and welcoming. As my father as quite a bit of trouble climbing stairs i was absolutely delighted when they were given a room on the bottom floor! The other two rooms we booked were on the top floor and brilliantly presented and comfortable. The rooms are at such a standard that i personally think the prices are too low I would have quite happily of paid more for the nights stay. The dining room is lovely and we had a breakfast to die for. Thank you so much Abbey Court for a lovely stay and helping us Give our parents a nice night away! If we are ever up that way again we will definitely be back. :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Wigan
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Cannot understand how someone could rate this Guest House as 'poor'. Being on my own visiting my son at University I didn't want to stay in a Hotel and thought a Guest House would suit me better. The Abbey Court was really close to where my son was living and although there had been a 'bad review' on Trip Advisor I thought I would ignore it and I am so glad I did. The welcoming was first class with an apology that the room I had was on the top floor as they had a large party booked in. The room was not a disappointment it was lovely and cosy and clean with a small en suite - not a problem. The breakfast was first class and I wanted to explore during my stay and the owner was a mind of information, Hopefully I will be going back in January when I take my son back to University after his Christmas Break. Well done Abbey Court I would recommend you to anyone!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Comfortable room and bed. Staff helpful and friendly. Nice and quiet (I had a room at the back of the house). Ensuite wash hand basin was slightly cramped, but everything worked well. Modern TV with Freeview. Everything just fine for a short stay, especially the breakfast, which was exactly what I ordered and feshly cooked. Personally, though, I think all B+Bs should serve breakfast till 10am (9am in this place) because one of the delights of not being at work is the lie-in, followed by theleisurely breakfast! I will certainly go back the next time I am visiting my friends in Carlisle.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2010

abosoloutley vile hotel. DO NOT GO!! hotel owner was disgusting went for business trip teh rooms were disgusting staff were rude and lady owner ripped us off. would never use again!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank alexhalpin
Corby, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Twin room was huge, clean, comfortable and very well equipped. The room was just as pictured on the website, so we were not disappointed. Very comfortable night spent. Excellent breakfast, couldn't ask for more. would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends