“Excellent lodge in a lovely section of Carlisle”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carlisle
Howard Lodge Guest House
Ranked #20 of 61 Carlisle B&B and Inns
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
“Excellent lodge in a lovely section of Carlisle”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We arrived mid way thru our eight day bike trek on Hadrian's Cycleway, and were very happy to arrive at the Howard Lodge. Innkeepers Charlotte and Tony could not have been nicer and more accommodating to weary travelers! The room was very nice and the breakfast excellent! It was a most welcoming respite to prepare us for the steeper terrain that lay ahead on our bike tour.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Moss, Ostfold, Norway
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We spendt a nigtht at Howards lodge walking the Hadrians Wall Path. Very friendly and welcomming hosts, very good breakfast and ok rooms. We had to share shower and toilett with others, thats the only thing that could have been better.
We will recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 2, 2012

From the friendliness of the welcome, the very nice room with exquisite decor, the fine bed, the excellent breakfast, and the helpful advice, to the many small touches and details, the was a fortunate choice on our part, and highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mansfield
Reviewed June 23, 2012

It was a last minute decision to travel to Carlisle and stay overnight. I was collecting may parents who were completing a walking of Hadrian's Wall holiday, and the Company had booked their accommodation (the last night being at Howard Lodge). Rather than doing the run in one day, I managed to get a room there myself.

The tone of the impending stay was set when I received a friendly (but to the point) from Charlotte and Tony Carr. I received a lovely welcome when I arrived from Charlotte, and it was obvious from the start that they had a great pride in the place. It was spotless, and there were nice little touches like books and DVD's to borrow, as well as free WiFi, and off road parking.

My room was very comfortable and tea and coffee in the room were in plentiful supply. I had one of the best night's sleep that I can remember.

Breakfast was excellent and plentiful, with most tastes catered for.

Above all, the friendliness of the proprietors and the spotless nature of the place made my stay far, far too short. If I have the opportunity to return to Carlisle, I will look no further for my accommodation.

Thank you Charlotte and Tony Carr.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed here at the end of the Cumbria Way for three nights to explore Hadrians Wall. This was an excellent choice with a warm welcome, a comfortable room and good breakfasts. We hired a rental car and it was nice to have off street parking. The restaurants recommended were great - lucky to get the last table at the Italian one.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed at Howard Lodge 5/6th of the way through our walk along the Hadrian's Wall Path, mildly startled by the civilization in Carlisle after 4 nights in the virtual wilderness. The location is right in the middle of the city, no more than 5 minutes walk from anywhere you need to be (bus station, train station, shops, restaurants). The owners were extremely friendly and happy to accommodate any requests. The wifi signal was strong, and breakfast was one of the best we had on our trip. The room was average size of what you would expect in the UK. I would certainly stay here again on a return trip to Carlisle.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Convenient location with small car park hidden to the side of the property. Comfortable bed, quiet and clean room, and inexpensive. As other reviewers write, the onwers are very friendly and helpful and the cooked breakfast looked very good .... after some not-too-good experiences with cooked breakfasts I played safe with just bacon and toast and feel I missed out as the bacon was nicely cooked and not dripping with fat. Next time, I shall order a wider selection!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business