All reviews wedding venue stone spiral staircase sunken bath beautiful hotel wedding breakfast the rib eye steak on arrival lovely old building four poster bed staff attentive bridal suite evening meal superior room bed was very comfortable checking out friendly hotel lamb
Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

Booked for a wedding. Brought in a live band. The acoustics at the venue cut out over 90 decibels the equivalent of a dishwasher, tripping the power. Manager totally unhelpful.

This place is entirely unsuitable for live music. Stay away.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
4  Thank gazter
Reviewed April 29, 2017

Room good, bath was sunken and hard to get out of. English breakfast very good but my wife asked for a boiled egg and we were told "sorry chef can't/won't do them!! its too hard to get right for each customer"!!!! its just boil the water and drop it in!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank cheshireset18
Reviewed April 24, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a business trip and I am going to come back with the wife. The location is quiet well set back from the road and is well signposted. Check in was easy and the receptionist was very welcoming. The room was large and warm. Boutique style decorated with a large leather sofa and large tv. The bed was very comfortable and wifi was free and fast. I met the owner at the bar and he recommended eating in his restaurant. There was no pressure , but boy it was worth it. The rib eye steak was amazing and worth the money.
I would strongly recommend this place for a weekend away. This place has class !

Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Legal67
Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing me and my husband was there last night in room 9. The suite was beautiful so clean airy and the view from the windows was breath taking. The man on reception was lovely so helpful and polite we had a meal in the restaurant and the food was amazing my husband and I had duck terrine followed by steak and a burger the portions were massive the food was glorious. Not badly priced for drinks or food and a lovely atmosphere in the restaurant. The bed was amazing didn't want to get up, the breakfast was lovely too. I've seen other reviews and think they must have been at another hotel this one's lovely and we will go back lovely romantic time had by me and hubby

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2017

The building is wonderful and the initial impression of our room was good, but that is where it stopped.

One thing that you should unaware of is that someone else was in the room the night before. This was dispelled when we saw that the bin had not been emptied.

There was a sheet of glass on the table top: it was dusty both on the surface and below the glass.

A number of penalty notices were immediately brought to our attention:

* Do not take the (soap) hand pump - charge £30
* If any evidence of alcohol (brought in) is found, a corkage of £20 per bottle will be applied directly to your account
* Smoking in a guest bedroom will result in a charge of £200

Also, a Safety Notice: referred to the correct use of the rubber mat and shower curtain (There was neither a rubber mat nor shower curtain).

The bath towels were some of the smallest seen. The toilet roll paper the cheapest.
The shampoo and body wash bottles were printed in the smallest font possible, requiring a visit to Specsavers, prior to showering.

The breakfast was buffet. Scrambled egg or scrambled egg. The plates were stone cold so that the meal was close to room temperature, when only half way through.
The toast was anaemic. The butter portion looked like rationing had returned.

And what did all this cost? £165 for bed and breakfast.

We continued on our journey, staying at far better places at a fraction of the price.

It may be an attractive venue, but is both pretentious and overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple