“Cornerways Guest House”

Ranked #3 of 61 Carlisle B&B and Inns
Newport, United Kingdom
“Cornerways Guest House”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

10 of my family stayed at the Cornerways Guest House for 4 nights. We had three family rooms: two ensuite and 1 sharing. Our group consisted of 8 adults and 2 children (2yrs the youngest). The travel cot was forgotton when packing, but Steve was very accommodating when arranging bedding for the little one. Every room was immaculate, decor and cleaning maintenance kept up to date. The breakfasts were very tasty and many choices. Easy parking on street (parking permit given) or on ramp outside building. Easy access to town centre. Would definately stay there again. Thank you Steve and Be.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2012

It was my second stay at this B and B. My friend and I dropped our rucksacs off there, got the bus to the start and walked back to Cornerways. Nothing too much trouble for Steve, a warm welcome,
comfortable rooms and a good breakfast.
It's only5/10 mins walk from train station and town centre so it's well situated, for an evening meal and a pint in Carlisle centre.
I would certainly recommend this B and B.
Cornerways is situated on a main road into Carlisle, but there is very little late night traffic, to spoil a nights sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was recently stranded in Carlisle overnight because of flooding and had to find a place to stay. The big hotels had already filled up and so I knocked on the door of Cornerways and they had a single room. When I'm planning ahead I'd normally book a double room with an ensuite, but as the alternative was sleeping in the station I was quite happy to take a single room with a single bed.

The room was great, the TV had all the freeview channels and the bed was really comfortable and didn't feel small. The shared toilet and bathroom were cleaned to a high bathroom, and were far nicer than some ensuites I've had in the past. I was very impressed.

It's close to the centre of Carlisle too, so once I'd checked in it was easy to find a shop and pick up the bits I needed, then find somewhere to eat. The breakfast in the morning was freshly cooked and delicious. It kept me going until I finally made it back to Newcastle.

If I ever need a place to stay in Carlisle I'll happily go back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
NE UK
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I had only one night at Cornerways but very much enjoyed my stay. I had a single room which was not en-suite, but the bathroom was very close by. The room was small, but good use had been made of the space available, and there was a huge window so it felt very airy. The room was spotless with a comfy bed. Breakfast was fine. The house itself is lovely with many original features retained. It was good that I could leave my bag with the owners until my train time. It was about 10 minutes walk from the rail station and closer still to the shopping areas. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank andrewsisters
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My friends and I stayed at this B&B for three nights at the end of our Hadrian's Wall Path hike (days 7 and 8 of our hike plus an extra day touring Carlisle). This was a very well situated B&B for hiking Hadrian's Wall Path and touring Carlisle. It has a very large number of rooms that are very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was good and the owner very nice and hospitable. (He drove us to pick up our rental car as a favor!)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed at Cornerways for a week in May and found it to be a great B&B. Clean, tidy, good food, excellent hospitality, comfortable bed reasonably priced and in easy distance of all things you may need, IE rail station, M6 motorway shops, pubs and places to eat. Highly recommended. This is the second time I have stayed there, the first way back in 2005 and the same high standards maintained.

Room Tip: I had room 9, single en suite with the most comfortable bed you could wish for.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Roger H
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in February 2012. Steve and Be were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was very good. Everything was within walking distance of the station with plenty of bars and restaurants to suit everybody. We highly recommend this B&B for the breakfast, cleanliness and joviality of the hosts. We stayed for 3 nights and it was well worth the visit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple