“Best happy hour deal in Carlisle, pleasantly surprising”
Review of Walkabout Carlisle

Walkabout Carlisle
Ranked #143 of 352 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was dragged here against my will by my wife thinking Walkabout was one of those lairy pubs with kids falling around drunk and loud music however I was pleasantly surprised. The Happy Hour 5-7pm Mon-Fri deal is amazing value, all drinks and food are half price. We had 2 large main meals and 2 drinks for £11. It looks like the building has had a refit and now looks inviting, nice furniture, pleasant atmosphere, helpful staff and tasty food. I tried the Kangaroo burger which was well presented with chips and salad. My wife had the Kangaroo steak, chips and salad and both meals were excellent. It was hard to get a table which is indicative of its popularity.

I would definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for Walkabout Carlisle

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We ate with a group of ten people they all had steaks -kangaroo and beef even with drinks the bill was less than £60 we got the half price deal before 7 pm. Food was really nice the venue is really well done out had a great time. We had a vegetarian in the group who had a halloumi and avacado burger which looked great.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

It's a nice place and fairly cheap, even cheaper still if you get a boomerang card for £3. We used to go here a lot while we were at university because you'd get a good, warm meal for a good price and you were made to feel welcome. The only time we had a bad time is when one of the waitresses knocked the table and spilled a full pint of coke onto one of our friends! We weren't offered any sort of discount or even a new drink as an apology, instead the waitress basically ran away and another one came out to serve and didn't comment. Other than that, we've had many good times in this place and I would recommend it- just keep your drinks in the centre of the table!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We visited as a large group for a staff get together and we're given brilliant service. The food was above our expectations for pub food and as a vegetarian I felt that the choice was good with the staff offering extra vegetarian friendly options to the platters we ordered. The cocktails were really nice and we all enjoyed our visit we will be back for our Christmas meal.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I went to Walkabout for a family meal on a Monda night as if you ordered before 7pm it was half price. There was't a brilliant selection on the menu especially not for vegetarians like me so I ended up with butternut squash soup and a bowl of chips. Food was out in good time but mine wasn't there- no chips or soup and the other bowl of chips for the children never came so we complained about this but it took or ever to get one of the many staffs attention as they were too busy standing around talking. HAL AN HOUR! later my soup and chips came out and the rest of the family had finished. I complained and all I was ofered was a free drink! The chips were cold too so we complained again and they said that we had left them sitting there too long. I certenly won't be going back in a hurry...

1  Thank Ella E