“Mouth watering fusion of Thai and Italian flavours.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tayay Kitchen - CLOSED

Tayay Kitchen
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Italian, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Tayay Kitchen located in the centre of Carlisle is a beautiful basement venue, that not only serves traditional Italian and Thai cuisine but also the fusion of both cuisines creating interesting and very tasty dishes to alight your palate.All ingredients are fresh with no use of MSG in any dish, each dish is made fresh so any dietary requirements are catered for.The partnership of Italian and Thai is the creation of Vanissa, fromThailand who moved to Italy as a child, after meeting her partner Antonio in Italy they embarked on an adventure to come here to share there love of both foods.The decor is stunning and the eclectic mixture of staff makes Tayay an exciting place to be with the added attraction of hosting live acoustic acts once a month.Come and give us a try you will be pleasantly surprised.
Otley, United Kingdom
“Mouth watering fusion of Thai and Italian flavours.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Tucked away in the basement of a building in the centre of Carlisle we found the service to be exceptional. The young lady waitress explained the different dishes, in a helpful way, without being patronising. The three people in the party enjoyed a tapas style starter, all the constituents being excellent. I had a curried main course (a mild chicken korma), one member of the party had drunken noodles and one had pizza. This indicates the variety on offer. I had tirimasu with green tea for dessert. The others had chocolate spring rolls with lemon sorbet. The food was interesting and delicious. When the bill arrived it was a fraction of what I had anticipated. We are just looking for an excuse to go again.

• Visited October 2013

Preston, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem in Carlisle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

What a lovely small, intimate and friendly place with great tasting food. A fusion of Thai and Italian tapas style dishes beatifully cooked in sauces to die for.

• Visited October 2013
Carlisle, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband took me to dinner for my birthday. I could choose anywhere I liked and after looking at reviews on Tripadvisor I thought we might give this place a try. What a good decision, the waitress could not have been more helpful or friendlier. The food was really really good and very very tasty. We were both very impressed and will recommend the Tayay to all our friends. I was especially touched when they brought out a light green tea tiramisu with a candle and sang happy birthday. (the tiramisu was the best!!\). We will definitely be back, and if it has anything to do with me, regularly!!.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Victoria-ia
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“food and service blew us away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had heard good things about this little place, but were quite confused by the prospect of 'Thai and Italian fusion tapas' so thought, hey, lets try it for something different to all the places in town selling burgers and steaks!
The decor when you walk in is beautiful and we knew it was a good idea straight away. We were greeted by 2 or 3 members of staff, and were waited on by a lovely young girl, who convinced (didn't have to twist our arms too much) us to have a 1litre bottle of the house white. It was delicious and a bargain at £13 a bottle.
She then explained the menu and how many courses would be sufficient for me and my boyfriend. We went for all 4 thai starter dishes:
Tom Yum soup
Sesame Chicken
King prawn spring rolls
and Spicy steak salad. All were gone in a matter of minutes and we were blown away by the flavours and quality of the food even for such little dishes.
Onto our mains and we had 2 thai curries and a pizza. The pizza was by far one of the nicest in Carlisle, on a very thin and crispy base with a heap of toppings. After this we were pretty much full and enjoying our wine, when the waitress told us about the chocolate spring rolls....Well we just HAD to check these out. And oh my god, I could have eaten hundreds. I had a side of mojito sorbet with mine and this was also incredible and all homemade!!!
Definitely try this place for a break from the norm. You will not regret it :)

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank travelbee2389
“A little diamond in Carlisle!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Food, service in fact everything was amazing.....never had heard of there before and now I am going to tell everyone how amazing it was. Definatley going to be a regular now

• Visited May 2013