“Good food, good value”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were in Carlisle as a stop-over travelling from Plymouth to Perthshire for a wedding. Staying overnight in the Todhills Travelodge, we asked the receptionist to recommend a good value eatery nearby. She recommended the Flaming Grill and we were not disappointed. It was busy but we didn't wait too long for our food. A very satisfying meal, good value for money. Sarah, our waitress was pleasant and helpful. The steaks were excellent. Thank you for adding to the enjoyment of our weekend.

1  Thank Sonia_Wright2013

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I went here before going to the cinemas and I can say for a quick bite to eat it was very good .... The service was faultless and the food was very good as pub grub goes ...

Reviewed August 30, 2013

During my visit at the Flaming Grill, Carlisle, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food.

Firstly, the eatery is attached to a Premier Inn hotel which can make it a bit busy at times but the grill copes with the congestion very well. Also, the staff were nice and not grumpy etc.

Secondly, the food is not far from perfect. I ordered the 5oz rump steak which was served with half a juicy grilled tomato, delicious caramelised onions, a succulent portion of mushrooms and a ample serving of chips. All of which was lovely and of a high standard. In addition, the steak was one of the best piece of meat I have ever tasted. It was juicy, aesthetically-pleasing, well-cooked and overall a good lump of meat.

Finally, the price was very cheap which is strange considering the quality of grub and the price tops off a great visit to great grill

2  Thank LJ H
Reviewed August 29, 2013

20 off us went to Gosling Bridge for a Birthday meal. Tables were reserved for us in advance. We had five tables between us. The waitress came round and went by table to table taking the drink orders. She then returned and took the food orders., We got our drinks in quite a short time. We waited about an hour for our food to come though. When it came it was so disorganised. They were shouting who ordered fish and chips etc. All the tables had a number on them so I thought it would have been easy to bring the food to the right tables., It was just a mess though, nobody knew what they were doing. Some people ordered chips and got jacket potatoes instead so this had to be sorted out, somebody did not have salad when they had asked for it. After all the confusion they thought they had finished giving out the meals. I had to tell them that my son did not receive his meal, I was asked what he had ordered. I told them and after about 10-15 mins. it arrived.
When they were clearing the dishes away my friend asked one of the waitresses politely if we could order desserts. I did not like the way she spoke to him saying we are very busy, go to the bar and order the desserts or ask the other waitress to take your orders when she comes. He was taken aback by her attitude so was I. Next time we go out as a group we will definitely eat else where. I personally would give this place a miss.
When we left we had to struggle through the drinkers, smokers blocking the stairs outside. Not very pleasant when you are with young children.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Flaming Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear BARRYCAR,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Gosling Bridge Inn in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Flaming Grill

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very quick service, fresh food cooked really well & an excellent price for the portion size, would definitely recommend eating here.

1  Thank JackieLiverpool