“20 out of 10”

Ranked #43 of 353 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 7, 2013

HI
This is one of the best we arrived at 5.30pm we thought they had closed for the day but were told to sit down we ordered two cod dinners and a pot of tea for two the owner then cooked everything fresh.
This is one chippy that is now on my best list and will be returning

1  Thank Malcolm F
There are newer reviews for Mammas Fish Restaurant

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Good food, good price. Lovely chips. Fish was cooked to perfection. Love fish but not with bones. No trace of bones in this cod. Do a lot of sea fishing myself so know Tasty fish when I eat one. Will return the next time I am in Carlisle

2  Thank Bert P
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were at Mammas Restaurant on Saturday 30th March having travelled up to Carlisle on the Settle to Carlisle Railway. Excellent fish and chips and the small portion was just enough for me although my husband had the normal portion. We both loved it and the owner was very friendly. If you like fish and chips this is the place to eat.

1  Thank 355LynneB
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely gluten free haddock and chips, whilst visiting Carlisle for the weekend. Owner Ahmed, very friendly and helpful. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Helen514
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This just has to be the best in the entire north! Working in carlisle tomorrow all the way from doncaster, and ive never looked more forward to my lunch break! Reading barry b's comment, value for money? Of course it is! So were findus lasagnes? Well since your a horse eating connoisseur maybe you should just stick to the findus, You'll also find you probley went in smelling of chip fat, i doubt anybody thats in to there horse food cleans there own home. Im sure the extraction system meets current building regulations and is up to current standards with the local authorities, if it wernt, you wouldnt of been able to walk in to the restaraunt which you claim after eating horse meat, that it needs a facelift. This is the tastiest in the north and i know my grub! Its easy to criticise but it takes an honest person to back its reputation. The bee's knees, the premier leauge of restaraunts. Roll on the chips and curry!!!