“Can't Fault Nando's!”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Nando's are all the same usually and the Carlisle one is equally fab for quick handy food! Good service, excellent location, good atmosphere, always busy when you go past which is surely a good sign?!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We often pop into Nandos for a spot of Peri Peri chicken. It is a place we would choose for a lunch out, as opposed to an evening meal out, simply because Nandos is a chain restaurant. This is not a detrimental comment, however, because it is a good chain and we enjoy the food.
It is freshly prepared and service is generally always quick. The staff in the Carlisle branch are polite and friendy.
On my most recent visit myself and my husband shared a hoummous starter. We love the peri dip that goes with it. And there is a good quantity of hoummous & pitta bread.
We had chicken wraps with halloumi and fries. (I often get the creamy mash, because it is delicious! And so are the corn on the cobs!) as always, the wraps were tasty.
I especially like the refillable cokes! More places should offer free refills! We use the reward card & it's always exciting when you're able to add a free quarter, or half chicken to your order!

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

The service was great. When we went in they let us sit wherever we liked. The service was quick and food was tasty. The decor here is a lot better than most Nandos.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

First time at Nando's and quality of food was good, the service was very good and the peri peri fries were excllent. I found the options a bit confusing and if we go back i'll be better. But there lies the problem, you shouldn't have to figure out what you want, chicken is supposed to be simple. I got Houmous starter which had enough pitta to share and was tasty enough, three of us each got a main course of chicken and two sides, for us the sides were not enough. One of us got a desert and that was also small but tasty.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I'm a massive Nandos fan, but tonight I was a little disappointed with the food and the service. We ordered a starter and it had only just arrived as the brought the main to the table meaning we had to rush our starter. The main was over mayonised and hotter than normal. My partner wasn't impressed with the cold rubbery peas.

Overall it was badly timed and poor quality.