“Convenient Stopover”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel is very conveniently sited for a stopover whilst travelling North. We were there on a very warm Summer night, and missed air conditioning. Having pre-booked at a fabulous room rate, it would seem petty to complain. Premier Inn is tremendous value.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Dorene M, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Premier Inn. I'm delighted that you found us to be fantastic value for money and in a convenient location for breaking up a journey to Scotland. We are not a purpose built Premier Inn so we do not have air conditioning however we do have a policy in place to keep our rooms as cool as possible during this unusually warm weather! We hope to welcome you back to Junction 44 in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed here last nite with my family.
Unfortunately there were issues with hot water etc which meant also that cooked breakfast wasn't possible, and we ended up with a cold shower. I'm sure that this would be quickly addressed.

The staff however more than made up for the issues. Steve and Kerry were just amazing fun with our children, and my 6 yr old was just loving pretending that he was their boss. You guys are stars! Also Susan and Richard on reception were so fabulous as they always are, offering a lovely welcome and help during the stay. Always going the extra mile.
What an amazing team the j44 premier inn has. Thanks guys ur credit to the hotel .
We were delighted that premier inn offered a full refund for the inconvenience caused, without guests asking. It was much welcomed and we will certainly be staying at j44 again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank UkDarcie
Dorene M, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review for our Premier Inn. Unfortunately there was an issue with an external gas pipe just outside of the hotel which meant that we had no hot water and no kitchen service on Friday, fortunately this was fully resolved by late Saturday morning and normal service was resumed. I am delighted that despite the obvious inconvenience this isolated incident caused, you still enjoyed your stay with us and were compensated in line with our good night guarantee. I’ll certainly pass on your kind comments to the team members you have mentioned in your review and I am sure that they will be thrilled to read them. Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Junction 44 in the near future.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Travelling back from Scotland, our family were in need of a place to stay for the night. The initial impressions from the outside were that the hotel could have been a poor choice but after entering the room I was pleasantly surprised where the saying don't judge a book by its cover rings true for this hotel. Clean rooms, nice large TV with all the channels and a very comfy bed all at a reasonable price. I was suitably impressed by the breakfast in the morning again at a great price with pleasant staff attending. Admittedly the paint and bathroom in the hotel was rather dated and the hotel itself looks tired but if you are just staying the night and moving on then this is a great place to stay. The only recommendation I would have for the hotel is to make the far wing more accessible if you are going to put families down there which I had no issues with, maybe look at opening one of the fire doors to be another back door to the car park - arriving late and leaving relatively early I was conscious about the noise that our kids and luggage made for the other patrons and it was quite a hike with many suitcases.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Adam B

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We value our guests’ feedback and during our next refurbishment we will certainly take on board your suggestions for an alternative entrance and exit for the family wing. I am also confident that our refurbishment will vastly improve the areas of the hotel you feel are looking tired and dated. Despite your initial impressions and the long walk to your room I am delighted that you had a clean and comfortable stay and that you enjoyed a great breakfast before continuing on with your journey. We hope to welcome you and your family back to Junction 44 when you are next in the area.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The server in the restaurant Bethany was excellent, lots of banter exactly what I enjoy. However by the time we got severed I felt sorry for her. Hardly anything left on the menu and we had to wait for our reservation until late, when I'm sure we could have been dealt with sooner.

If it wasn't for Beth and the fact it was so late we would have gone else where!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank anlaeola
Dorene M, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Premier Inn. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointing experience in our Thyme Restaurant. This is certainly not the standards that we aim for and I'd appreciate if you could take the time to email our food and beverage manager on f&bmgrcarlisle.pti@whitbread.com to enable us to investigate this further and hopefully restore your faith in us. On the other hand, thank you very much for your lovely comments about Bethany, I'll certainly pass these on and I'm sure that she'll be delighted to read them.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Comfortable, clean room, right next to the motorway - important to me as I was stopping over on the way to visit family in Scotland. Friendly staff. Sadly I didn't spot the back entrance into the hotel from the car park, and so I did a complete tour on arrival. However the back entrance was very handy on departure because it was raining!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris G

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I do agree we are in an excellent location for the motorway but fortunate enough to escape the road noise! I'm delighted that we delivered our usual standards with a clean and comfortable room and friendly team. I'm pleased to say that following on from the feedback we have received from our guests we are awaiting new signage which will make the rear entrance much more clear. We hope to welcome you back to Junction 44 when you are next travelling up to Scotland.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Booked this room to break up journey to Scotland and had a £29 deal for the night. Everything about the hotel exceeded my expectations for the £29 price tag. Room was basic but clean and very comfy. Staff were very friendly and could not do enough for us. We had breakfast and evening meal deal which was great value. Food and drink was good and reasonably priced. Would definitely stay again. Hotel rooms are on 2 floors and it would be good if a lift was installed because we had heavy suitcases to lift.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pauline c

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Premier Inn. I'm delighted to hear that you managed to get one of our bargain £29 rates and that the value for money exceeded your expectations. I'm pleased that you found your room clean and comfortable and the team friendly and helpful and I do agree the meal deal is fantastic value! Unfortunately we do not have a lift but please don't struggle with your luggage, there's always someone on hand to assist you or the reception team will be more than happy to allocate a ground floor room if requested prior to arrival. We hope to welcome you back to Junction 44 when you are next breaking up your journey.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay here

First stay was much better

All the disabled parking was u available for use due to them getting re painted over the coming days

Check in was quick and simple

Room on first impressions looked ok 306
But on closer inspection plaster coming away from the frame round the window
Beds all nicely made and very comfy

Toilet was stiff to flush and by morning it had broken

Had dinner which was average burgers were slightly undercooked
Drinks were buy one get one free between 5 and 7 which was great

No air con in room so was very very very hot during the night

Breakfast was usual premier inn lots of choice very hot and freshly made can't really fault it to be honest

Defo stay again as it's in a great location when travelling Down the road and the price is fab if booked in advance

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and bringing to our attention a number of issues that you had in room 306. I can assure you that our maintenance team will address these immediately and I can only apologise for any inconvenience these may have caused you during your stay.
Unfortunately it was necessary to block off our disabled parking bays for a short space of time so that we could repaint and widen the spaces after feedback from our guests. You'll be pleased to hear that these are now re-open.
As we are not a purpose built Premier Inn we do not have air conditioned rooms however we do have a policy in place to keep our rooms as cool as possible during the summer months. Extra sheets and fans are always available at reception on request.
On the other hand I am delighted that you had a quick and easy check in and that you enjoyed your breakfast in the morning, it's always lovey to hear that our guests will be returning and we look forward to welcoming you back to Junction 44.