“Excellent”
Review of Bari Restaurant

Bari Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 364 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: European, Indian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Local family owned Bangladeshi restaurant providing authentic food in a contemporary atmosphere. Great for Parties/Get-togethers/Meal for 2's, whatever the occasion! Takeaways get 20% off on all orders over £10
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been to nearly all of the Indian restaurants in Carlisle, and this was by far the best we've been to! We had a chicken rogan josh and a Dansak, both were excellent,The service was great and the chef came out to speak to us, which was a nice touch. It was lovely, the chicken was melt in your mouth and all round the best Indian we've had.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

It was my first time at an indian restaurant when I visited Bari and it provided me with an authentic experience! I enjoyed the food and the restaurant but it was a few years ago that I visited so it could have all changed now! As far as I know it's under the same management and wouldn't hesitate to visit again!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed in Carlisle on a business stop over with this Restaurant recommended to me by the Hotel I stayed in.

What a Gem !!

The food was excellent and Bari is a wonderful guy who is so enthusiastic about his food that it's a joy to have his input.

The restaurant is a must if you are passionate about your Indian cuisine.

Enjoy.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Having visited many of Carlisle's best rated restaurants over the previous two weeks, I can happily say that Bari ranks up with the best. The restaurant looks plain from the outside but inside the decor is pleasant. Surprisingly, it was fairly empty, although I appreciate that Thursday evening isn't also the busiest point of the week.

The food was really exquisite. I could not fault it at all and it compares to the nicest Indian restaurants that I've been to. Everyone in our party was particularly happy with the food; the fine selection of rare meats available: elk, llama, camel, was also a bonus point.

The detail of this restaurant that will divide customers is the main waiter (I believe he is the owner). Mr Bari is unlike most restaurant owners, as he is quite pro-active in helping customers choose their food. At first we were quite bemused by his approach, as he would contradict what we attempted to order, and started demonstrating how to properly mix sauces on poppadoms and rice. It quickly became obvious though that Mr Bari wasn't being over-bearing, he just really cared about people enjoying his food. Particularly astute were his comments about the number of portions of rice and naan bread we would require: we eventually ordered half what we originally intended and this was still too much! I can understand why people might get a little offended by his suggestions, but his advice really was invaluable: he knows his trade!

I would certainly head back to Bari again and I wish it the best of success.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

After seeing the good review was a bit dissapointed with the service and the meal mine was ok but my partners was a bit bland wish I had stuck to my usual Indian place ..