“The Bari is best for flavour and taste”
Review of Bari Restaurant

Bari Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 343 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: European, Indian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Local family owned Bangladeshi restaurant providing authentic food in a contemporary atmosphere. Great for Parties/Get-togethers/Meal for 2's, whatever the occasion! Takeaways get 20% off on all orders over £10
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“The Bari is best for flavour and taste”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've been to many Indian restaurants in Carlisle and the Bari is by far the best! I would highly recommend their party feast (for 8 people) as you get to try lots of different dishes and incredible flavors.

The service is also great, with the owner even advising/recommending dishes to try. I've been to the Bari many times and won't stop doing so anytime soon!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Fantang_Mark

Gretna Green
“By far one of the best Indian restaurants”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Perfect service, perfect surroundings and atmosphere, and the food is just quite simply devine. New Year's Eve and very busy but still exceptional service, Bari always makes an appearance out of the kitchen to check if you enjoyed your meal, when its not quite as busy he can usually offer a lot of advice on menu choices but all the staff are very knowledgable , in fact he has in the past come out of the kitchen after receiving an order to query your choice and suggest a better rice or accompanying dish. Superb all round

2 Thank Gayle C
London, United Kingdom
“The whole package”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I've been away for half a year and it was great to come back to the full dining experience that you get at Bari's. Great advice on menu choices, always something new on the menu (this time Elk was the meat of choice) and relaxed, attentive service. Bari came over and gave us the full gastronomic experience showing us how to make the most of each course with different combinations of sides or sauces, my cod pakora was beautifully cooked with lovely batter, but when he came over and suggested layering different sauces and salads with it the tastes were enhanced and excited even further. My partner's mussels had an amazing blend of flavours and disappeared promptly from plate to mouth. Our mains of chicken chilli fry and Elk were both delicious, I had no idea Elk could be so tender. Bari and family have never disappointed whether we're in dining as a party of 25 or just as a couple.

1 Thank MarianBBB
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very good all round.”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My gf and I live in Manchester and are very fussy about our curries. We went to Bari last night with another couple we know from Carlisle and weren't disappointed.

The service was really attentive and very friendly. The owner came over briefly just to advise he had some special meats available as per his website.

My gf and I chose the Chicken Tikka Massalla and Camel Sathkori, respectively, and nans. Our friends ordered the Bison Sathkori, Chicken Dansak and nans.

For those below who bemoan paying twice the supermarket price for a big bottle of Cobra, that's how business works - get over it or order something else. As for there being no draught beer, again, get over it. It's not a pub.

All in all, a brilliant experience. Thanks guys. Maybe see you next time we visit.

1 Thank Stoofpotje
London
“Ok, food a bit hit and miss . The daal was bland and runny with loads of garlic and had a few raw lentils in it.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Worth a try , but nothing to write home about, food a bit bland , nothing exciting , I am used to better.