“Consistently good”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I visit stanwix tandoori regularly for takeaway or to eat in and I have never once had cause to complain.
The welcome is always friendly and genuine; the service is prompt and attentive; the menu is extensive and the food is of a consistently flavoursome, high quality; the drinks are well-priced and of good enough condition unless you are a Camra beer-buff; the atmosphere is vibrant on busier nights but cosy and intimate on quieter nights; and the prices represent very good value for money.
Overall, a great place to eat with a car park directly opposite.

There are newer reviews for Stanwix Tandoori

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The rice was undercooked. The meat was bland and there was little aroma and spices to enrich a persons taste. The overall standard of food was no different to asdas cook yourself takeaway. Very disappointing considering the money spent

The_Stanwix_Tandoori, Manager at Stanwix Tandoori, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Hello, thank you for taking the time to post a review. Upon reading your review I am sorry to hear of your experience. I can assure you, we at Stanwix Tandoori strive to deliver our best at all times. We always try to ask every table if everything is ok and the taste is to their liking. Maybe we missed your table by mistake. However I would also like to mention that you should have brought these issues to our attention. I am sure we could have easily resolved the problems you experienced. I hope you will visit the Stanwix Tandoori in the future as we aim to keep every customer satisfied.

Thanks

STR Management.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The other half had a biryani that came with a vegetable curry. She thought it was delightful. I had a dish on the special list and it was chicken tikka served with a minced lamb sauce. I generally avoid chicken tikka and I should have done this time as it did nothing to enhance the dish. The house wine was good and the bill was very reasonable.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

enjoyed the meal, nice deccor traditional Indian staff nice too. all in all good place to go for a curry

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Went here with three friends for a meal last week.The food was delicious with a wide range to choose from off the menu.One of our party received the wrong dish but it was still tasty!The portion sizes are more than adequate with the nan breads being big enough to share between two.Service throughout the meal was great and the meal was good value overall with the bill being about £80 for 4 starters,main courses and two rounds of drinks.

The decor could do with a bit of updating but you can't have everything!