“Hidden gem, well worth a visit”
Review of Holme Bistro - CLOSED

Holme Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: phone number 01228534851
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem, well worth a visit”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This 'boutique bistro' was all it said on the website and more, delicious, home prepared, high end food in an intimate setting with great highly personalised service. The only trouble is it's location, it not being central Carlisle it may not get the traffic it deserves so please please support it! Oh and try and butternut squash and chickpea burger too.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Angie3000

Wigton, United Kingdom
“Been here a number of times, never fails to impress!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I've been here on a number of occasions and everytime you get a perfect meal, at a good price, in anice little bistro, with the friendliest staff. Steak nights are well worth a visit, probably one of the best steaks I've had in this country, but the normal menu is always changing, it's a limited menu each night but don't let that put you off, its because everything is being cooked from fresh, and the chef has carefully put each meal together, the way food should be done! Also don't let the venue put you off, from the outside you might think twice about venturing in, don't, inside there is a warm, vibrant little bistro waiting for you.

• Visited August 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic steak!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We'd been meaning to try steak night for a while and were not disappointed. We both ordered the specials as our starter, I had Cromer crab and husband had goats cheese soufflé. Absolutely delicious and plenty of it! We both had steak and chips and both had it rare and that's how it came, husband particularly enjoyed the grilled tomato( which I never get right at home!) forgot to ask for it without mushrooms as we both don't like them but if we'd been out with my parents they would have snaffled them cos they looked perfect. We had a bottle of wine and coffee but were too full for dessert which was a shame as I'd had my eye on the sticky toffee pudding...next time! Service was excellent and we will return

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Tamarco
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“outstanding food and great value for money”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I have been, the first was last july and it was so tasty and great quality food. I was back last week with 14 friends and again steak night was unreal, every part of the meal was perfect

I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Visited March 2014
Carlisle, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bursting with flavour”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We have eaten here on several occasions and have never been anything other than impressed with the quality of food, atmosphere and standard of service. On the strength of a superb meal from the Valentine's Special menu last year, we decided to repeat the experience this year and were not disappointed. The chef here certainly knows how to produce food bursting with flavour, particular highlights being the mouthwatering French Onion soup and a succulent ribeye steak - definitely the tastiest steak I have ever had! The trio of desserts was an absolute delight, while the superb dining experience was complemented by excellent service from a truly lovely waitress. Well done to everyone at Holme Bistro, we will be back again and again ....

• Visited February 2014