“friendly,welcoming and fantastic food”
Review of La pergola - CLOSED

La pergola
Cuisines: Italian, British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Carlisle, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“friendly,welcoming and fantastic food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Always a great welcome, friendly staff, and never been disappointed in the food. La pergola has a cosy atmosphere where everybody is welcomed. I have visited with children and as a couple. Romantic alcoves provide a fabulous dinner date venue! Happy hour food standard is as good as the evening menu and plenty of it!
My favourite treat night out!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jill A

“What surprise”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had been to the Carlisle Castle and later the museum and happened upon the la Pergola at lunch time. The restaurant is in the basement rooms of a Victorian building and therefore does not have a shop front to the street. There is a bar and dining in adjacent rooms that are decorated with art and effects of periods fitting for the character of the building. The service was very good with several staff attending the tables needs. The menu and wine list for a lunch was not expansive but adequate to provide a good choice. Being an Italian restaurant the pizza and pasta were very good.
I am sure Carlisle has a number of worthy restaurants but I would recommend a visit if you are in town.

• Visited June 2013
“Excellent, well worth a visit.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great situation between Carlisle Castle and the Cathedral. Decided to give it a go after reading previous reviews. Went for a lunch and were lucky enough to take advantage of Happy Hour prices which appeared to be pretty much the full evening menu at close to half price. Kids shared a pepperoni pizza which was ample but could have benefited from a bit more pepperoni. Lasagne and Mafioso pizza both very good. Despite being very casually dressed and the interior very traditional we were made to feel welcome and comfortable by the attentive staff. All in all, a very enjoyable experience.

• Visited July 2013
United Kingdom
“Never fails to impress.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming to La pergola, or as we call it, Andrew's for many years. Whether you want a quiet table for 2 or a riotous party for 12 (or more) Andrew and his team are happy to oblige. Always willing to adapt the menu for our fussy 3 and 5 years old grand children this remains one of my favourites.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best lasagne in Carlisle!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Living close to Carlisle, I often visit restaurants to eat, lately however I am not being entirely satisfied by the quality of the Italian competitors, I visited la pergola on a Tuesday evening and the atmosphere was great, we sat in an alcove so it was just me and my partner, separated from tge main room. Our table was quiet and comfortable with a nice romantic edge and the staff who served us were polite and courteous regarding our every need. I had the breaded mozzarella to start which was delicious and the lasagne for my main, I have to admit, I haven't had a lasagne as nice anywhere in Carlisle!!!! Definitely recommend it! My partner had the king prawn special to start and the pizza calzone for his main, again, a must try! Will definitely be coming back here to make the most of the most of the very reasonable happy hour prices!

• Visited May 2013