“Top Notch”

Ranked #49 of 364 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Viceroy is a multi-award winning restaurant which was est.1991.Here at The Viceroy you can expect some of the finest Bangladeshi cuisine prepared by world class chefs and served by top class waiters in a family friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was in a party of six and went to this restaurant the night before my new Husband and I got married.
The staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent; everyone enjoyed the meal very much, could not fault it.
Overall 10/10 and if im ever back in Scotland I will defiantly be back to the Viceroy !

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We booked a table for 6.30pm on a Saturday night, and had to remind the staff twice that we'd arrived.

Once we had a table, the staff seemed to think we were an inconvenience. Drinks were almost thrown at us, and I thought the girlfriend summed it up perfectly when she said "the staff in here are a bit surly" - we waited over an hour for our main courses after finishing our starters.

I had to ask the staff where our main courses were, was disappointed with the quality when they arrived and asked repeatedly for the bill.

I know it was a Saturday night, and the restaurant was busy-ish, but, it's not good enough. There was a constant stream of people picking up takeaways, and they seemed to take priority over the diners.

Supposed to be Carlisle's best Indian restaurant ? Not a chance, won't be going back.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

excellant food great service. the waiter who took our food order took the time to ask if we had tried the meals we ordered before when we said we had not he explained what was in the meal and how it was cooked

1  Thank derekapps
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Birthday meal, table booked for 7:45pm. Eventually got a table almost an hour later, waited a further 45 minutes for the starters to arrive, then waited another 45 minutes for the main courses!
To be fair, when it did arrive,the food was excellent, but that is the only reason I gave the over-all rating as "poor" rather than "TERRIBLE".
An embarrassing experience not to be repeated.

1  Thank isitme2013
Reviewed November 20, 2013

After nineteen years ( my 19 year old son born around first visit in 1994 ) of visiting The Viceroy. I can honestly say the experience of visiting the restaurant has always been very good.& many many times excellent. The family and staff always looking to make your visit not just enjoyable,but a sort of pleasurable time capsule to the extent that they will alter the menu to add my love of coriander to any lamb dish. Top Guys,Top Food,For ALL of the 19 Many Years. THANK YOU VICEROY
Ross Helen Joe Phili