“the viceroy”

Ranked #48 of 346 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Viceroy is a multi-award winning restaurant which was est.1991.Here at The Viceroy you can expect some of the finest Bangladeshi cuisine prepared by world class chefs and served by top class waiters in a family friendly atmosphere.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“the viceroy”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I go here often and its pretty much always good, the service is brilliant the guys there are very good at looking after you and its a nice relaxed atmosphere.The only negative point i would say is sometimes we get a takeaway and a couple of times its been wrong or things are missing.

• Polish first
“Beautiful food in a relaxed atmosphere .”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had a lovely time. The food was delicious and the service was brilliant they were also very good with my one year old son.

Co Durham
“Great food”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were staying in Carlisle and used recommendations and reviews on Tripadvisor to try this restaurant. Its tucked away and not sure we would have found it if it hadnt been for our sat nav !
We were welcomed on arrival and offered a table straight away. We had starters, main, sides and drinks. The food was excellent but I have only rated it 'very good' as we had a couple of issues with the meal. When our starters (bhuna prawn on puree) arrived there was no side salad served with it and I could also see finger prints round edge of my plate. I ordered a tandoori dish for my main and the king prawns were missing. I pointed this out to the waiter and when we paid it had been reflected in the bill. All in all great restaurant, nice food and friendly staff and we would go again.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Best indian food in the whole of cumbria usually get a take out every week but last night me and my boyfriend went for a sit down meal service was excellent and food amazing as usual can't wait to come for my next sit down meal here!!

blackpool
“terrible food and service”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Terrible taste of food. Low service and it didn't do as it has advertised to be the best... Not recommend this place..

Visited March 2013