“Excellent, relaxed, friendly”

Ranked #3 of 364 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Davids is a traditional English and European restaurant specialising in locally sourced fine cumbrian produce , with over 14 years trading Davids has become one of Carlisle's favourite restaurants for special or social dining whether in a group or a couple you will always feel relaxed and comfortable in this cosy Victorian townhouse .
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We visited David's on the 28th December 2012 with two other couples. We had a beautiful dinner, excellent wine and enjoyed brilliant relaxed and friendly service. The place was very quiet and refined but still had a good cosy atmosphere. The tables were well spaced so a conversation could be shared by only the people on our table. We will be back!

Emily_Davids, Owner at David's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thanks for your lovely comments.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We went for New years eve as we did last year.The service, atmosphere and surroundings were perfect.Champagne and canapes were delicious. My twice baked cheese souffle was so tasty as was the duo of lamb main course. All in all a brilliant way to start 2013. Many thanks to Davids for a great evening.

Yet again thanks for another lovely review, I'm sure we'll see you again before next NYE !!!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Lovely food and lovely staff every time we visit. The Christmas menu was delicious!! We recommend the Duck.

Thanks for the great comments.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I used to walk past and never really took much notice until I started using T.Advisor. I seen that David's had an excellent rep & checked the menu out. Booked for the 3 course Xmas dinner - I wasn't disappointed! I loved all the starters & mains so it took some choosing but I had crab & lobster thermidor & the turkey dinner. Absolutely beautiful. Turkey is the best I have ever tasted! I wasn't overwhelmed by the deserts but that is a personal thing - you cannot please everyone. I had baileys cheesecake (I'm not a lover of bailey's) well done & the mint choc chip ice cream was marvelous. Excellently priced at £30 per head considering I've paid similar prices in the past and it was terrible!! One lady that served us was very welcoming & friendly but the younger girls looked a bit bored and didn't seem to want to be there. Other than that, excellent!!!

Thanks for your kind comments, we're pleased you found us the homemade mint choc chip ice cream was definitely a winner and will be back soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've walked past so many times, but this year I've actually been in & twice in the same month (yes, it is that good)
The lunchtime menu is a fantastic deal £17.50 for 3 courses (some supplements apply for the Fillet steak and other things)

Thanks for your comments, we're glad you've found us now.