“Super Service Super Food”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #109 of 341 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Carlisle offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Super Service Super Food”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had booked my table for four online but when I arrived I had booked the wrong date!!! The restaurant was very busy but the staff managed to find us a table. Our waiter was superb, very quick and attentive, he carefully explained the menu to our children and helped them chose a meal they would enjoy. Great ambience and decor within the restaurant, a very enjoyable meal, will definitely return very soon.

Kilmarnock, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Not up to standard”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I've been a Pizza Express fan for some time but this disappointed. It was a small restaurant but we were only grudgingly allocated a table - and told we had to be out by a certain time. This was ok as we had a train to catch.

Waiter was friendly, helpful and the food was ok. For some crazy reason this place has given up using plates. 3 of us ordered the 'light' option;a small pizza with the in the middle. In every other branch I've eaten this it has been great.

On this occasion however, the pizza dough was so thin is was more like a potato crisp than a pizza base - and it was served on the most disgusting black (greying), plastic chopping board. They were grim, scratched, dull - just plain horrible. The combined effect of the thin base and the plastic board - cold pizza.

We pointed this out to the waiter who said they were also very difficult for waiters to carry

Carlisle
“Bank on a good meal”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I've been to Pizza Express before, so knew what to expect, but then that is the good thing about these sort of chain restaurants - the quality is normally the same across them all. We had a nice window seat, looking out at the Carlisle architecture, and the staff were attentive, friendly, and helpful. Despite the name, I usually go for pasta when I'm eating Italian, and it was very tasty again, although perhaps a little overly cheesy. The shared starter, and individual desserts were very nice too, and overall we had a very enjoyable evening.

The restaurant was full on this Sunday night, so I recommend reserving a table - someone who entered just before us was turned away as they hadn't reserved a table.

• Visited July 2012
Carlisle
“Disgusting - can't I give no stars????”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Don't know what has happened to this place but they're now totally disorganised - not ready for bookings and happy to turn customers away who have booked - probably best to stay away until they sort themselves out!!!

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Don't bother booking”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had booked a table for two at 8.15 pm on 8 August. When we arrived at 8.10 pm we were told that our table had been taken by other people and would not be available for 20 minutes and that as there was nowhere to wait we should go away for a drink somewhere else. We were also told that there was no guarantee that the table would be free in 20 minutes as we had to wait for the people who had taken our table to finish their meal. We were offered free drinks with out meal if we would accept the situation.

I am disgusted by the lack of service. When we passed the restaurant at 7.50 pm to go for a drink because we were early for our reservation we noticed that there were several empty tables. In other words they gave our reserved table to people who turned up without bookng. Having been a very regular customer who has taken many of my clients and colleaues to eat there I can tell you that I will never return. What is the point in having a booking system if it is ignored!!

1 Thank Carlisle9999