“Your only a stranger once.”
Review of Goat & Boot

Goat & Boot
Ranked #270 of 478 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to the new look goat & boot serve quality real ale & cider. fresh ale serve direct from the bar plus great range on the hand pumps . We always endeavour to use as many local suppliers as possible F J MARTIN & SON - the finest local meats from best local butcher FAIRFIELD FARMS CRISPS - every crisp packet traceable back to the potatoes used & the local fields they were grown in We have created a pub that is perfect for meeting friend, dinning with family or just popping in for a pint on your way home HAVING A PARTY ? Why not book our snug or raised area for privacy . We are able to offer buffets & drinks packages to suit your budget
“Your only a stranger once.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Came here Sunday with my whole family, had a gorgeous roast and it was all homemade bar staff very friendly and welcoming. I was told there moto is your only a stranger here once it is true, would Definately recommend and will be using for work Xmas meals and family meals aswell as a cosy night out with just me and my fella.

• Visited October 2013

Colchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A PROPER PUB”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was introduced to this pub by some friends. I have now visited on three occasions and found it to be friendly with the atmosphere of a real pub - a sprinkling of regulars who were able to fill me in with some of the history, a good range of beers, especially well kept real ales and a lovely dog!
I was told that parts of the pub date back some 700 years and that it was originally a half way house for convicts being brought from the continent to the assizes in London. They were locked up here overnight in the basement cells which I understand are still used today for private funtions.
If you are in Colchester I would recommend this pub. If you don't want to bus it you can walk there from the town centre in about 15 minutes.

Visited September 2013
Geelong, Australia
“A real English Pub”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We found this Pub by chance at the bottom of the hill in Colchester. Gary is the Bar Manager and Milos the Chef. both fulfilled their respective positions with distinction. We had a lunch and two dinners. the staff and that was Gary in particular made us feel as if we where part of his family and his family included the myriad of regulars we also got to know over our meals. Milos is a wonderfully talented chef. His red wine sauce on the Bangers and Mash and his chicken and corn soup were a delight to savour. The deserts were also up to the same standard.
This pub is well worth a visit. It is what an English pub is supposed to be.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great pub”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

New to Colchester we went to the Goat and Boot last night, great food and a great band. Very friendly pub

• Visited April 2013
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Wow great pub with good atmosphere”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had a great night on Wednesday the 10/4/1013 with great musicians jamming to Irish/folk music also I joined in with the singing , I'm disabled & I found that the bar staff where very kind & friendly to me
I sure will be returning to this pub with my guitar next time as they run a music jamming night on every other Wednesday & is not to be missed if you like live music.
A big thank to all the staff for such an enjoyable night :-)

Visited April 2013