“Lovely home made Sunday roast!”
Review of Foresters Arms

Foresters Arms
Ranked #265 of 494 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

great home made Sunday lunches, including an amazing nut roast! Really nice atmosphere and great service :) will definitely be coming back!

2  Thank coll33nt

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've eaten here a couple of times now and I am really impressed! I have at last found a sunday roast in Colchester that is great and fairly priced! The staff are very friendly and clearly make an effort to make you feel welcome. Great barman, looking smart! I really appreciated being asked by cook if I was enjoying my meal. I am looking forward to going back already! My one little niggle is that I really don't like a commercial radio station playing in the background. I mean who wants to listen to adverts whilst relaxing on a sunday!? Stick a CD on and I'll be in hogs heaven!

3  Thank angieofkent
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Went here for Saturday afternoon lunch and a pint. The barman was very friendly and conscientious. Forr was really tasty and home made. The chef came out to ask how it was. Would recommend

2  Thank ELR26
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I used to love drinking here when it was a traditional real ale beardy pub. About 18months ago it was reopened as a fine dining establishment, I visited with a group of 7 friends and was very disappointed.
Returning this weekend I was glad to find that it had lost the overly ambitious pretensions and was serving good basic food at a good price. The place was fun, and the beers good.
Would visit again now.

3  Thank honeyman
Reviewed September 11, 2011

This pub is a little off the beaten track, but it does seem to have a small but faithfull clientele. We notice it when we parked up to visit Colchester Castle, and decided to give the place a try one evening - we weren't disappointed!

The menu was somewhat limited, but was more than compensated for by the friendly and cheerful staff and customers. It seems the place has only re-opened fairly recently, and given time this should be a little gem!

2  Thank BroadlandWanderer