“Highly recommend”

Ask Italian - Colchester
Ranked #68 of 488 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ASK Italian in Colchester is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Colchester menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband surprised me and took me here for my birthday, it was lovely, the staff were very friendly and the food was delecious, I'd highly recommend it and I can't wait to go back here.

There are newer reviews for Ask Italian - Colchester

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Ate there last night. Booked on-line, got email and text confirmation -all dead easy. I had the anti pasto classico to start then a prima pizza , can't remember the name of it,. food was great and the pizza was gourmet standard (if you know what i mean! i.e. gourmets don't typicslly cook pizza , but if they did this is what would come out), including fresh oragano, perfect crispy base, your own bottle of chili oil to spike it with.

My Daughter had the sqid which is always a gamble in these places, my wife and daughter tried it and it wasn't rubbery and tasted like it had been freshly prepared (i.e. not pre-prepared & re-fried out of he freezer) Service was spot on -attentive and not pushy/intrusive.

Will definately go back. better than 'Pizza Express' or ZiZi's

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Colchester is an rarely visited gem of British History. I love it to bits.

It is Britain's oldest, most continually habited Town, the home of Boudicea and the Iceni tribe and known to the Romans as Camulodunum.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Great friendly staff, nothing too much trouble, fabulous food, some places don't like you asking for water but was no trouble here and they re-filled the jug for us. The Garlic/cheese bread was lovely and my main course (breaded chicken escalope with a mushroom sauce) was really tasty. We needed three copies of the bill to claim expenses and again, no problem, first class service and food.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went here with a friend for dinner, food was served quickly and was delicious! All members of staff were polite and friendly and standard of food matches price. Had a voucher for 25% off food bill which made it even better! The garden area is nice although I prefer to sit indoors. Was given the choice to sit wherever we wanted. Overall can't complain, great meal.