“Monday night treat”

Ranked #59 of 531 Restaurants in Colchester
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2017

First day of a week off.... and we decided not to cook. Our local "go to" restaurant, went early, no need to book. Arrived just gone 6 o'clock, drinks and sat outside in the sun, perusing the menu, which changes about once a month.
Having picked the starter of deep fried prawns with a change of the accompanying sauce, we picked the mains.
Whenever I see liver and bacon on the menu I always plump for it, as we do not have this dish at home (don't ask). However, I do not really like spinach and was immediately offered broccoli as an alternative. Win, win. Very accommodating, friendly staff.
My wife had the ravioli with pesto, pine nuts and tomatoes
All dishes arrived piping hot and all were spot on.
Finished with 2 excellent puddings and was treated......

Reviewed July 16, 2017

This delightful pub/hotel is in a beautiful setting with views across Suffolk. The food is amazing and the staff are all extremely friendly and helpful especially the Bar Manager, Sam and Nicole.

We highly recommend that you visit The Crown. If you are in the area its an absolute must!!

Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

A must to visit cute small hotel and nice restaurant. Great service, great fish and chips and landscape absolutely amazing.

Reviewed June 20, 2017

Very good atmosphere - Nice and warm welcome - top kitchen, great food - well trained staff - nice beers - very good wines.
Certainly worth a visit worht a visit when you are in Suffolk !

Reviewed June 15, 2017

Came here for the very first time to celebrate an anniversary with my significant other.
The decor is really tasteful and I even spotted an open fireplace, which I would imagine is a very popular seated area in the slightly colder months!

Simply put, the meals were absolutely fantastic and the service was brilliant too. The food was very tasty and reasonably prompt to arrive. There was a mistake in that the waitress who served us managed to get our steaks muddled up. I managed to get my partner's medium-well steak & she ended up with the medium-rare steak I requested, but it was nothing a quick plate swap couldn't solve once we sliced through and realised the error. The service was very, very good aside from this very minor thing.

Thank you for a very memorable evening. I hope we can dine here again in the near future.