“Great kitchen - top restaurant !”
Review of The Crown

The Crown
Ranked #59 of 531 Restaurants in Colchester
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2017

Very good atmosphere - Nice and warm welcome - top kitchen, great food - well trained staff - nice beers - very good wines.
Certainly worth a visit worht a visit when you are in Suffolk !

Reviewed June 15, 2017

Came here for the very first time to celebrate an anniversary with my significant other.
The decor is really tasteful and I even spotted an open fireplace, which I would imagine is a very popular seated area in the slightly colder months!

Simply put, the meals were absolutely fantastic and the service was brilliant too. The food was very tasty and reasonably prompt to arrive. There was a mistake in that the waitress who served us managed to get our steaks muddled up. I managed to get my partner's medium-well steak & she ended up with the medium-rare steak I requested, but it was nothing a quick plate swap couldn't solve once we sliced through and realised the error. The service was very, very good aside from this very minor thing.

Thank you for a very memorable evening. I hope we can dine here again in the near future.

Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Went with friends to celebrate their 45th Wedding anniversary
My friends have dined here on many occasions and they thought it would be nice for them to invite my wife and I to celebrate their anniversary
None of us were disappointed
Superb menu selection, including a wide selection of beers, wines and soft drinks
Although it was a very nice sunny warm day we decided to eat inside, although there tables outside
The restaurant itself very nicely laid out. The service was very slick and we certainly weren't rushed
Overall a very nice place to eat and meet friends
The establishment also offers a large car park

Reviewed March 7, 2017

Dropped in as we were passing and in need of a light lunch. Cheerful staff as always, who quickly found us a table. We opted for the welsh rarebit - a good portion topped with generous cheesy mix an egg and salad. Just right for a cold day and not expensive

Reviewed March 2, 2017

The atmosphere was very good and as I use a small mobility scooter it was very accessible and I was able to leave it next to the table. Meal was fresh and tasty although my friends meat pizza was lacking topping. Would definitely visit again.