“Friendly Relaxed Fun Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Glasshouse Brasserie - CLOSED

The Glasshouse Brasserie
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Friendly Relaxed Fun Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

From reception to departure staff where friendly helpful .
we found staff showed a unfamiliar pride in there job, from reception though out our meal of which we had no complaints, all was well presented with fair portions good taste and quality at a fair price.
After there evenings work the staff still as helpful and friendly on our departure as on our arrival. THANK YOU .
Recommended

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Long wait, food wasn't much better.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Went for a meal with friends, decided on just mains, one crab/salmon linguini and 2 lamb rumps it took them over an hour and 15mins to bring out our mains. The crab/salmon linguini is what looked liked a pile of slop with an empty crab shell as a bit of presentation on the side. It to me was just a creamy sauce covered in a bit of spaghetti. I asked the waiter where is the salmon and crab he told me it was purée'd into the sauce... But the sauce tasted of nothing!! Just creamy.
The waiter himself told me when he looked at it that it wasn't up to standard and there was far too much sauce / slop.
The other two lamb rumps were as what my friends called ok but the potatoes and Veg had somewhat a wierd taste to them (very odd taste!) so they refused to eat that!
However the waiter refunded my meal and asked if we would like any pudding and (because I hadn't eaten my meal) we decided to.
Took our order from us But then decide they don't have 2 of the puddings we wanted.
We left.
The prices for what you receive is awful.
Will not be returning here much preferred when it used to be Portifiono's.

West Drayton, Middlesex
“The New Siege House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

As a former Siege House customer I was intrigued as to what the former owners would do with this new building. It's obviously not so central so probably doesn't get the passing trade that the Siege House did and I was surprised to find it half empty on a Saturday night. However, the food and service were excellent and the lamb was fabulous. My only criticism is that the atmosphere is not the same which I suppose cannot be expected in such a cavernous building. Perhaps a few plants and table dividers would make the atmosphere more intimate?

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Great food, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've been to the Glasshouse three times (twice with friends, once as a work do) since it took over from the restaurant that was there previously. Each time the food has been stunning - in particular the roasted asparagus starter and the lamb main are delicious! The service was a bit on the slow side the first couple of times but I think they're getting into the swing of it now. Definitely worth a visit.

St Ives, United Kingdom
“A resounding thumbs up!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Having heard that the former owners of the Siege House had opened this I was keen to go and have a look.

Went today for lunch and was very pleased with it. The food was extremely well presented and lots of it too. The a la carte is a tad pricey, I have to admit that £8 for just three scallops for a starter is pushing it, but never the less they were nicely done. My friend had the seafood linguine which was beautifully presented and huge - she took half of it home in a doggy bag! I ordered the stuffed goats cheese for a main course which was utterly delicious. Tiramisu for dessert and I'm pleased to see that it was a proper one and not a 'slice' of a shop bought one.

The only disappointment was when the waitress told us that the crumble, despite being on the menu, wasn't a possibility to cook because 'they' had written the menu without thinking of the capability of the kitchen. A really odd thing to say especially given the size of that kitchen - it's Portofino's old premises and if you ever went there you'll know how big that kitchen is. My friend was let down because she really fancied that though.

The waitress was very polite and extremely attentive, i couldn't fault her. I'd give this place a resounding thumbs up and will most certainly be going back.

Visited September 2013