“Average”

Childsplay Adventureland
Ranked #25 of 67 things to do in Colchester
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

The price is good compared to other indoor play areas. Wasn't as busy as we expected so managed to find a table. The kids ran off and were gone for hours. The food and drink is a good price again compared to other places. It's clean so will be coming back!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Amongst 3 soft play areas we've taken our 2 year old to, this one is not a favourite. Although it is quite big, it's quite dark and dingy in there, staff are few and far between, and isn't always the cleanest - tables never cleaned off, sticky chairs and dirty floors. The younger children's play area is not monitored so the older ones just run around freely in there and every once in a while a voice will come over the intercom requesting the older children stay out - however this is a muffled quiet announcement and I doubt everyone actually hears what they're saying. Food and drinks are ok, but in these places they are quite pricey. Bathrooms and baby change area are ok, but I wouldn't call them outstanding. It's an alright place to take the kids for a play, but there are better, cleaner and brighter places to take your children.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I brought my nephews here for a visit after we had attended a "Superheros" birthday day and they had not been before. They both had a loved it and it was nice to sit and have a coffee while they entertained themselves. Very busy day but the staff were friendly and helpful and the food/drink very fairly priced compared to other venues of this sort in Colchester. The staff told me that the Superhero parties are quite a new thing and my nephews want to have a Pirate party for their birthdays. Really good visit and excellent value for money. We will make it a fixture for the summer holidays!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Urine soaked floor in gents toilets. food all over the floor. Children getting injured from equipment and I got sprayed with a chemical. Not enough staff. older children running wild in the 0-18 month area throwing toys making it impossible for our 1yo boy play. This was all in my first and last visit. Avoid this play area!

2  Thank Kevin W
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is a great place to let your kids let of steam. Its great for any age. They even have baby chairs.The play areas have a smaller child section. Then a bigger part for older kids. there is a café. And when we was there, a magic man done a show, free of charge, my granddaughter and her friend enjoyed this very much