“Not that impressed”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Maybe we are spoilt with our local restaurant but not impressed one bit by the service in this establishment, stayed in Colchester for weekend and thought we would try this place after reading reviews. food was OK not the best we have had. Not much of a greeting on arrival, the main meal arrived so quickly after starter, we then had dessert menu given to us and waited, and waited for someone to come back. Place was quiet, had to go and ask for bill. It was like we where being rushed at the start of the meal and by the end nobody cared less, won't return here if ever in Colchester again. Positives nan bread was lovely and starter but no atmosphere.

Reviewed June 3, 2017

My partner and I were staying in Colchester for a couple of days (mid-week) and found this restaurant purely by chance - as it was near our hotel. The menu offered a good selection and the food was really excellent. Very reasonably priced too. Would highly recommend it - and we eat a lot of Indian food!

Reviewed May 3, 2017

Firstly the food was second to none the staff were running around with a smile on there faces never seemed moody and more than happy to help prices were fair been here a few times and never been let down will def be back don't take my word for it try yourselves its amazing thanks maharani for an epic evening will def be back in the near future

Reviewed May 1, 2017

I've been here a few times and had their home delivery takeaway meals.
The food has always been very well prepared with plenty of flavour and I don't think I've ever had a bad dish.

However, the restaurant is seriously lacking in atmosphere. Being a very small premises limits what they can do and the staff are friendly enough and for a lunchtime or midweek meal it's great.
But I would think twice about going here for a special occasion ... it just isn't special enough.

Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

Whilst there are a handful of different dishes on the menu, and what we had was pretty good - tasty, well made and at a decent price, what lets this place down is;

Paper napkins
Cheap plates and cutlery
A long time to prepare the food - ok it is fresh, but it needs to be faster.
The toilet is bathed in ultraviolet light, which is just weird.

It isn't the worst in Colchester, and it isn't the best, which pops it in the middle, making it just average.

Not unpleasant, but I can't say that I will be returning any time soon.

1  Thank RSP71