“I wish I could keep this place a secret; it's just so good!”
Review of The Fat Cat

The Fat Cat
Ranked #95 of 520 Restaurants in Colchester
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Perfect Sunday roast at bargain price!
Menu - meat or nutroast for veggies, Yorkshire pudding, roast pots, mashed parsnips, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower cheese plus gravy for a tenner! My plate was heaving. I don't know how I managed it all, but it was too delicious to waste a morsel.

This is the finest Sunday roast I have had in Colchester. I had the veggie option, and was provided with separate gravy (thanks!) Rest of group had pork and lamb and they weren't disappointed.

Beats other more expensive places hands down for ambiance, service and all over yum factor. Plus lots of good beers on tap too. What more do you want? Nothing!

(But don't tell too many people, let's keep it our little secret!)

2  Thank SarahJBean

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Every time I've been here, I've been wasted. My wife says it's really nice. I was too busy kissing a dog to remember. Apparently has a really good drink selection. Also is a great location for heading into town. A bit close to the cop shop if you're going on a proper bender though.

2  Thank penguin_army
Reviewed November 19, 2012

A lovely place for a quiet beer with some friends. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be returning again and again.

doris5, Manager at The Fat Cat, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2014

I am sorry you had a bad dining experience in Colchester, (October 2013), but I would like to point out that it was not at the Fat Cat in Colchester. We have not had pate on our menu since 2010. and we do not have waitress service. This is clearly a mistake on your part, don't know where you were but not in our pub. We are a real ale pub serving sunday roasts and pub lunches. not three course meals. Look forward to seeing you in the future when you can sample our food!!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Tha Fat Cat is a hidden gem, just outside Colchester's town centre. It has good beer and a fantastic atmosphere, especially when there is live music in there. Get down there and you will be converted!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

a gust ale pub where you can sit and relax with a paper and a snack and a few beers - relaxing and a shame the supporters don't meet here any more