“Good food at a good price”
Review of Harvester Stanway

Harvester Stanway
Ranked #137 of 489 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Harvester Stanway in Colchester food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Good food at a good price but the carpark lets it down. Carpark always busy (we have turned round and gone somewnere else because of this) even when restaurant is not full.

Harvester_Restaurant, Public Relations Manager at Harvester Stanway, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your visit. We really do appreciate your feedback.
Regards
Harvester

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The service in this place is fair, staff are friendly etc but its the only place ive eaten a cooked breakfast that tasted so bland!! Everything on my plate was tasteless!
Tried livining it up with some ketchup & that was bland too!!!

When i read the labels on everything, i realised they were all harvester's own branded products then it all clicked into place as to why it ALL tasted bad.

Id never come here again nor reccommend it

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Waited ages for table - then waited even longer to order drinks whilst looking at menu. When drinks finally arrived they flat and horrible.
Tried to order food but staff didn't seem interested.
Lots of dirty tables - very loud and too warm. Definitely won't be going back

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My partner and I visited the harvester last Saturday and I was horrified. The salad bar was an absolute disgrace, plenty of staff hanging around doing nothing. I am an ex publican and have no idea how an environmental health officer would have felt about the salad bar, lots of contamination, nothing labelled and just in a complete state, hence after we saw it we went and sat back down and didn't eat from it. We then waited for our order from the menu which when it arrived it looked great, however the food was so greasy we could have wrung the fish and chips out. When the waiter came over to collect our plates he asked if everything was ok? Presumably he realised we hadn't eaten it. I explained and showed him how greasy everything was and he didn't apologise jut offered us a free desert. I don't want a desert if I have had no main course! So when I asked who I complain to he just thrust a leaflet into my hand and took full price for the awful food out of the other hand. I came home and went straight onto the harvester complaint site from the leaflet and filed my complaint, however 8 days later I have still heard nothing! Shocking.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Shown to a table quickly, but did notice other customers weren't so lucky and were kept waiting at the entrance. Had to wait a while to place our order but waitress was pleasant and attentive, and meal came quickly. A good selection of items available at the salad bar but the meals (2 steaks) although cooked as asked were not that good.....sirloin was tough and food wasn't hot. Haven't been back there for a couple of years and, sorry to say, we won't be rushing to go back again.