Tripadvisor

Order Online
Ranked #56 of 568 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Relax and enjoy authentic Thai cuisine in this 300 year old historic Tudor building in Colchester. Although the building has been modernised, it still retains every aspect of its uniqueness and heritage. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming, and you can dine assured that no matter what the occasion is you will have a pleasurable dining experience.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Been to this restaurant many times and each time my experience gets better and better. Authentic Thai food bursting with flavour and colour. Beautiful taste and presentation. Interior of the restaurant looks to have been revamped, more lighting and just perfect relaxing environment for a meal. Staff were fantastic and would highly recommend anyone that likes Thai food to pay a visit. Will be returning very soon no doubt.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (413)

Reviewed December 31, 2019

We booked in for 7:30 New Year’s Eve. We were seated upstairs and ordered for the 6 of us. Starters took over an hour to arrive, we thought.... ho hum, it may be because it’s New Year’s Eve. 20 minutes past and still no mains. It got to 2 hours 10 minutes with no mains so we asked how long. The waitress said another 20 minutes. At this point we left the restaurant and settled the bill for our drinks only. I have been to NAKA before and never Experienced a problem but I can hazard a guess that the chef or manager has gone to pastures new? Feeling very hungry I went up the hill to THAI1 who served us and had the food on our table within 15 minutes. It was clear they were much better prepared.

Overall disappointing and feel staff levels were severely depleted. I will give NAKA a wide berth in the future

Reviewed December 10, 2019

Had a fantastic meal in Naka Thai. Authentic Thai food with all the wonderful flavours, really nice interior decoration and lovely staff. Highly recommend.

Reviewed December 6, 2019

Food was delicious as if I was in a restaurant in Thailand
Love Pad Thai and all the curries!
Good atmosphere and friendly staffs
Will definitely come back

1  Thank ClassicAnya
Reviewed December 5, 2019 via mobile

Ordered a takeaway before trying the restaurant in person as I was planning to do for my friends birthday. Needless to say that we are going to give them a miss after a dreadful service & food we received.
Ordered 2 weeks ago and had to call to complain. Could not believe the food came from an actual restaurant as the quality was shocking! Green curry was mediocre at best, tempura prawns wrapped in filo pastry rather than tempura batter and overcooked till black. Their special rice was overcooked and prawns in them off- my boyfriend had a taste and was sick after. I'm pregnant and was waiting for 1.5 hours and was worried that I even tried the food. Called the restaurant and did not receive an apology, someone was called over to phone and started to almost attack me, refund was promised but never received.

Date of visit: November 2019