“Lovely food and a warm welcome everytime!!”
Review of Naka Thai

Naka Thai
Ranked #51 of 488 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Relax and enjoy authentic Thai cuisine in this 300 year old historic Tudor building in Colchester. Although the building has been modernised, it still retains every aspect of its uniqueness and heritage. Our Head Chef, Triphop Thongkraing, was raised and trained in Thailand and has over 25 years experience. His talents are proven through customer enjoyment and appreciation for his cooking ability and innate creativity. This inspires him to maintain the Thai culinary traditions, preparation and presentation in Naka Thai. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming, and you can dine assured that no matter what the occasion is you will have a pleasurable dining experience.
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I have visited Naka Thai many times and Pat and his team never fail to prove a warm welcome and excellent food.
The service can sometimes be a bit hap hazard but they all try hard to get things right. Sometimes things can be over looked like no drinks before your starter has arrived. However these details are always put right with a smile from the staff.
The food is always very good and requests are always catered for.

There are newer reviews for Naka Thai

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I am reassured and have been told that my good was vegan but my red Thai curry tasted and smelt of fish so much! I actually felt quite ill, however, I have to believe them when they declare my friend's and my curries were vegan. The green curry was less fishy in taste and aroma so maybe a more comfortable choice for veggies. Veggie crackers on table but mixed with ones fried in meat fat.

Otherwise, good coconut rice and green curry. Good service and food is well priced.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

My friend and I popped into this restaurant on a whim one evening however the staff were able to seat us. The restaurant was very busy but although we hadn't reserved a table we didn't have long to wait for our food. The beef, mushroom and spring onion with Thai sticky rice is delicious and worth a try!

The staff were lovely and helpful and I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

My wife and I visited Naka Thai while we were staying in Colchester for the weekend. We chose this particular restaurant as it is one of the top eateries in town on TA plus it also took the Tastecard on a Saturday. I had booked a table the evening before.

On entering the restaurant we were shown to a table near the front door. I was very pleased to see the decor had a very Thai theme complete with fountain and small fish pool as a centre piece in the middle of the restaurant.

We were given a free bowl of crackers while we were choosing our food. We chose the steam dumplings for starters and for mains I had Red Thai chicken curry with coconut rice and my wife chose a chicken stir fry with steamed Thai rice and we both shared a Pad Thai noodles. Even though the restaurant was quite busy, we didn’t have to wait too long for our dishes to arrive. All the food we had was very tasty, my curry was just how it should be and the coconut rice was perfect, my wife too enjoyed her meal. I washed my meal down with a couple of Singha beers and we both finished off with a couple of coffee floaters.

Service was friendly and attentive without any rushing. With the Tastecard the bill came to a fraction over £40 which was excellent value for money.

We had just one grumble, it was a chilly night outside and because we were seated near the front door we got a blast of cold air every time someone came in and out which was quite often with the smokers going outside for a fag. And because all the other tables were occupied we couldn’t move. A simple curtain on the inner doorway would have helped a little bit. But despite this we really enjoyed the evening, in fact for me it was one of the best Thai meals I have had in recent years.

Highly recommended and would certainly visit again when next staying in Colchester.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We decided to try something different for a take away, after a previous excellent meal here. I can highly recommend the set menus, so much wonderful, tasty food and delivered free of charge within the hour.