“Second visit and it won't be the last!”
Review of Naka Thai

Naka Thai
Ranked #47 of 476 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Relax and enjoy authentic Thai cuisine in this 300 year old historic Tudor building in Colchester. Although the building has been modernised, it still retains every aspect of its uniqueness and heritage. Our Head Chef, Triphop Thongkraing, was raised and trained in Thailand and has over 25 years experience. His talents are proven through customer enjoyment and appreciation for his cooking ability and innate creativity. This inspires him to maintain the Thai culinary traditions, preparation and presentation in Naka Thai. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming, and you can dine assured that no matter what the occasion is you will have a pleasurable dining experience.
Clacton-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
“Second visit and it won't be the last!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to this restaurant and if possible the food was even better this time round. The service was also excellent...attentive but discreet.

Highly recommend the massaman beef curry and the duck in tamarind sauce.

We used Tesco clubcard vouchers that we had exchanged which meant we paid £10 for a £50 meal...now that's a bargain!

We will be back very soon :0)

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Celia C

“Excellent food”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

The four of us ate here on a Saturday and all enjoyed the food. We all had different meals and each one was perfect. The service was very good and the waitress very attentive. Our only grumble was that we sat upstairs at the front of the building and it was quite cold due to a draft coming through the wall. Wouldn't hesitate to return for some more green curry!

1 Thank TuckersPigeonHoof
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality food and service”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Went there a couple of days ago and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The food and service was top notch with a great and comfortable atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank wikid101
Colchester, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food and Excellent Service”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I went there last night with my husband. The decor is very attractive, and it's a lovely old building. Which makes it feel special before you start. We hadn't booked and so they offered us a seat on a sofa, with some nibbles, until a table was ready. There were various set menu's and an extensive al a carte menu. I was in a vegetarian frame of mind and had plenty of options to choose from. The food was lovely, it was well presented and there was plenty of it. But the real clincher was the staff. Our waiter, Mek, was absolutely charming. He smiled a lot, was attentive and really looked to be enjoying his work. He was an absolute delight. The manager (?) also came over to ask how we had enjoyed our meal, and he too was polite and attentive. Especially when I managed to lose my scarf. We had the staff searching for it, and they took a description and my name and phone number. Only for me to discover it in my handbag, where I 'd clearly put it, when I got outside. And yes, I did go back and tell them. All in all this was a lovely meal out, and I would definitely recommend it.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Debs M
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Just outside the main town centre, but worth the extra effort. Food is authentic Thai, freshly prepared and always searingly hot. Flavours range from delicate to fiery and they will always adjust the seasoning to taste.

Courteous and caring but never intrusive. Well worth a try.

• Visited January 2014