“First time for 5 years”

The Treble Tile
Ranked #56 of 493 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a family oriented, dog friendly country gastropub serving mouth-watering classical English and modern European dishes with an Asian/Japanese twist. We also offer wonderful selection of drinks and regular entertainments.
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Went there Sunday lunchtime and they fitted us in quickly, bar staff on the ball, nice home-made bread on the table while we waited for our mains which were very good, prices average for the area

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had never been to the Treble Tile before did not know what to expect.The service was excellent, the ambience was pleasant and relaxing. The menu was small but a good cross section of dish's and in a party of Twelve every one enjoyed their meal and none were disappointed.
The food was reasonably priced and the House champagne was very drinkable indeed in fact a good all round dining experience, certainly would recommend and will go again.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I haven't visited The Treble Tile for ages, despite it being local to me, and I definitely won't be leaving it as long before I pay another visit.
I had a lovely relaxed supper tonight with a friend. The service was second to none. The staff went out of their way to tell me about the gluten free options, in fact they said they could prepare me pretty much anything off the menu gluten free. They could not have been more accommodating or helpful.They even brought me gluten free oatcakes as I am unable to eat the regular bread. A nice, thoughtful touch! I normally just go without and it's nice to have something to nibble while waiting for your food to arrive.
The food itself was excellent and arrived very quickly. I had the skate wing which was superbly cooked and piping hot. My friend had beer battered haddock and chips which looked, and he assured me tasted, delicious! We finished with a dessert for me and a cheese board for him, again very nice, and coffees with hot milk.
A lovely evening in great surroundings, great food, and the right level of attentiveness from staff.
I can't recommend highly enough! :)
I can't wait to visit again soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We managed to squeeze in for Sunday lunch - just. Not surprised it was so busy as the food was great and the atmosphere wonderful. Can't wait to go again but next time I will book in advance!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

A great restaurant with excellent service

We all had well presented and well cooked meals from their extensive menu

Very reasonable prices