“Fabulous local gastropub”

The Treble Tile
Ranked #59 of 498 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a family oriented, dog friendly country gastropub serving mouth-watering classical English and modern European dishes with an Asian/Japanese twist. We also offer wonderful selection of drinks and regular entertainments.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My parents live in West Bergholt and this has become more than just their local restaurant. The food is wonderful and consistent but the service is the key thing here. Local customers are catered for in a way that's rarely seen these days while new patrons are warmly welcomed. I've been here many, many times and never been disappointed. If you're staying in Colchester you should take the time to visit.

1  Thank Hewson1972

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just been to the Treble Tile and loved the place. Staff are absolutely super, caring and attentive - especially 'Becker. Food is all freshly cooked. I had a chicken and espaargus pie which was excellent and my guest had chicken escalope and it was so big, she couldn't finish it. The desserts were a bit pricey at £6 each but still tasted good. I'll be back.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I took my dad to the treble tile for fathers day and we all had a great time! All staff were lovely and attentive and the place had a great ambience. The food was very good and plentiful and didnt have to wait too long between meals either. Overall the treblie tile is one of the nicest gastro pubs I havent visited and would be very happy to return in the future

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were recommended TheTreble Tile as a gastro-pub and went in with high expectations. The staff were very friendly and accommodating with my dietary difficulties. It seemed very popular with the locals, and had a nice ambience. The disappointment came when the food arrived. My chicken escalope was sitting in a pool of cooking fat, with a fried egg on top, and there were no vegetables or side salad with it, just a tiny amount of watercress in the fat, and a bowl of chips. I would happily have had an escalope which was half the size, with some vegetables; it was all too fatty. It was not clear to us that we should have ordered vegetables as side dishes. We will be wiser in the future. My dining partner enjoyed his plaice, which was well cooked and presented, and the wine was good. We felt that the prices might have been reasonable if they had included vegetables or salad. We did not stay for a dessert. We wouldn't go back.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I eat & drink here when visiting family in Colchester, this is in my opinion way better than anything else in & around Colchester, I have eaten here both at Sunday lunch & on occasion in the evening, on Sunday roasts are superlative, carefully cooked superb ingredients, sourced locally, the cooking is to a very accomplished level, the owners Lucy & James run a tight ship offering a marvelous welcome, great staff, together with very well kept beers and some really excellent well chosen wines, a superb Bin End list that offers some bargains
A happy place to come and enjoy a drink & some great food