“At Last - Authentic food in Colchester!!”
Review of Albatta

Albatta
Ranked #81 of 489 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Newly opened restaurant/cafe. Arab mid Eastern menu. Shisha pipes too! Outside, of course, in the patio garden.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We visited last night and, being pleasantly warm, we ate in the courtyard at the back, and had the most relaxing and authentic experience this side of the Med! The food is really fresh and tasty, and the ambience made us forget that we were actually still in Essex and not on a foreign trip....it feels just like a well-frequented locals' hang-out in Lebanon or Turkey.....which, in my book, is the highest compliment that I can pay......will definitely become our go-to place in Colchester for coffee, lunch, dinner (or any other time that we can possibly think of!).

1  Thank Paul E

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I usually if I go to a restaurant I try to embrace all of the venue has to offer and make the most of the experience .. I did not on this occasion service very poor and uncaring food old pitta bread but decent humus chicken shish whith rice was bland dry messy on the verge of unappetising lamb very dry one consolation , you can watch France 24 news if your food is not to your palate ., and the music is something else ?? Sorry it's a no for me x

2  Thank Bruttissimo
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I went there with a couple of friends decided to have a good shisha and a quick snack and we ended up ordering a complete meal. The food was really tasty, nicely served and the staff very attentive. As for the dessert I have to say that it was one of the best I had in a while.

An overall nice experience and it is worth to give it a try if you are looking for something exotic and a little bit different. And of course don't forget about the variety of shisha flavors!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

A lovely gem in Colchester. Good food, good service, nice little garden out the back for some shisha. No complaints at all, plus it's BYOB!

2  Thank Georgia B
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is very welcoming as you walk in. Nice and modern. We had the lamb tasook and tzatziki. The food was delicious and we will be returning again!

1  Thank Jade867