“Lovely anniversary meal”

Mussi's
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We Are Currently Closed For Refurbishment. Many Thanks
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Went here with my wife for our 19th anniversary lunch on a Tuesday. The main restaurant was empty although the outside cafe bar area was about half full. The staff were very polite and friendly not too pushy but available when we wanted them. I had the lamb shank and my wife had the Dinglely Dell Pork and both looked great and tasted great. We will definitely go back here in the future.

There are newer reviews for Mussi's

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The atmosphere was very friendly , food quiet good. we where kept waiting at the door while the staff walked past us which was a bit annoying but overall a good experience. We will try again maybe for lunch.

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Went at six so was very quiet. The staff were very polite and nice, the starters were lovely and the mains were delicious and the dessert was lovely the service was quick but not to rushed was a really nice first time the only let down was after one dessert me and my partner ordered another one and it came out burnt it was the chocolate decedence the first was amazing but the second was burnt apart from that everything was perfect will be going back soon

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was to organise an evening meal with friends and had problems booking various haunts that I knew or were recommended for one reason or another.

I then read the reviews on Trip Advisor about Mussi's in Colchester. So my partner and I dined there one evening as a "trial run" before booking it for our evening out. I have to say we were blown away by the quality of the starter and main course. They were absolutely fantastic.

The desert however was a con to be honest. I had the strawberries which is small pieces of strawberries on a plate with the cream etc. If you pieced the small pieces together you may have just about made one strawberry from them! We did comment to the waitress but nothing was offered as compensation/apology.

There was 13 of us that went along for my planned evening meal and everyone commented on how good the food was. A couple of people had the strawberries (despite my warnings) and made exactly the same comment.

So my recommendation is go and have a wonderful meal but be aware of the deserts and what you order!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Fantastic food and excellent staff,owner was extremely attentive and welcoming, try the sea bass,it's amazing