“Wonderful B&B”

and 1 more site!
Timbers Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 41 Colchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Very welcoming by host with tea and home made. Room was a dream with home made biscuit and sherry. Hosts very helpful and accommodating and welcome pack in room full of information and recommendations for dinner out. Had a lovely peaceful night sleep and enjoyable breakfast in the morning. Would throughly recommend and look forward to returning

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie B

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The website calls it a luxury B&B with a first class breakfast and I was certainly not disappointed. Very warm welcome with home made cake and a fresh pot of tea from the hosts. Pleasant, clean, comfortable room with all the facilities. I slept very well. Breakfast, excellent, I had eggs parmasan, as it was a new one for me. Cost very reasonable. I'll stay again if I'm working in the area. Certainly happy to recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard G
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed over, one night on business trip to area, found Timbers through the Web. It proved to be an Excellent choice, lovely property, great hosts, nice quiet area and Fabulous breakfast.
Will certainly return again when in the area.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Charles P
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed here with my husband for a short holiday. The room, facilities and hosts were wonderful. It was comfortable, clean and welcoming. The accommodation is in a quiet cul-de-sac close to the city centre with parking in front of the building. The room was kitted out with a TV, coffee and tea, biscuits, apples and even sherry! The shower-room was large and warm. We were asked to choose our breakfast the night before (from a large and delicious menu) and leave a note on the landing. In the morning, we were invited to choose from a buffet of cereals, yoghurt, fruit and juices while we waited for the main breakfast to be cooked! All washed down with fresh coffee. We were offered the use of an office/library with PC. The hosts, Alan and Angela gave us tips and inspiration with where to go and what to see in the area. I recommend highly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jean T
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Lovely property, perfect hospitality, exceptional breakfast. It's little things that make things truly great. Lovely greeting for Alan and Angela , offer to carry bag, very well appointed room, very comfortable bed, supremely clean, nice teas and coffee in the room, pot of tea on arrival and a nifty little decanter of sherry! Lovely. Almost certainly better than any hotel you can find in Colchester

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidCDevon
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my girlfriend on the 20/2-22/2. We decided to book a last minute getaway for valentines and she booked here. I was a bit apprehensive of going to a B&B but wow could I have been mistaken.

We arrived earlier than the check in time and were greeted by Alan and Angela who gave us an extremely warm welcome. We were given a quick tour of the house and shown to our room. We were then offered a freshly made pot of tea and home made cake!! Amazing. The room was lovely, very modern, warm and cosy. Little gestures like homemade shortbread and sherry!
My girlfriend is lactose intolerant and they had even gone and bought her milk especially.
The choice of breakfast was amazing, we both choose to have traditional English both days and it's was lovely, freshly cooked, fresh ingredients and cooked to your specification, all with an option of tea, juice, toast and cereal aswell!

Overall the little break we had was perfect and the B&B could not have been any better!! Top marks, if only all hoteliers could take a page out of their books!!! Service completely perfected!

Thank you Alan and Angela and we both look forward to seeing you both again in the future!!

Simon and Laura

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SimonZ6
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Booking late I thought would be a problem but it wasn't. Me and my girlfriend arrived here late one evening but were made very welcome. Shown to our room which was fresh, clean and very suitable. Drinks were put out, fruit and a little alcohol which was lovely. We were asked to choose meals for our breakfast and a time we would like to eat which was nice. We went out for a meal that night but were shown how to use the main door to gain access back into the B&B without disturbing anybody.
We had a very good nights sleep. Peaceful and very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and the owners were very friendly and interested in us as people. They make conversation, have a giggle and I'd definitely book again.

• Stayed: February 2014