Had been recommended this hotel by a friend, so booked up and paid £61.00 for a single room, which I didn't think was too unreasonable for a Saturday night.
Arrived at the hotel and was checked in promptly, the hotel itself is an old building but the appearance was good and clean. I was given a room in the main building so just had to walk upstairs, there is a separate annex which is just across the car park as well. The receptionist also informed us that there was a private function taking place and there may be some noise, however as we were out in the town until late anyway this did not disturb me.
For a single I was impressed with the room size, especially the bathroom which had no shortage of space! A shower was provided which functioned fine and there was also a standard flat screen TV, although I did not use this.
Went into the bar downstairs prior to going out for a few drinks. I had an Adnams ale, but it was a bit pricey so we only stayed for one before moving on.
Had a good nights sleep and checked out in no time at all, the receptionist even booked us a taxi back to the railway station which was handy!
I would definitely stay here again, the staff are a credit to this establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The oldest hotel in the oldest recorded town in England." You are assured a warm welcome at The Rose and Crown hotel, which dates back to the 14th century. It is a beautiful oak timber framed building situated in the bustling, historic town of Colchester. Originally a 14th Century coaching inn lovingly restored over the years, the hotel is an ideal base for both the discerning business and leisure traveller. You can sit back and enjoy a glass of wine in front of a roaring fire in our Tudor bar or go for a lazy walk in the panoramic Constable Country. Located close to Colchester town centre and the A12. It is less than an hour drive from Stansted Airport and 40 minutes from the Port of Harwich. Central London is 45 minutes by train and the idyllic city of Cambridge is an hour drive away. Located 0.6 miles from Firstsite. Free car parking available at the hotel. The Best Western Rose & Crown have won the ‘Best Small Hotel Category’ in the Essex Tourism Awards 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western The Rose And Crown Colchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Rose & Crown Colchester Hotel Colchester
- Best Western Rose And Crown Colchester
- Best Western Hotel Colchester
- Best Western Colchester
- Colchester Best Western
- Best Western The Rose And Crown Colchester Essex