Bannatyne Health Club & Spa - Colchester, Kingsford Park
Review Highlights
Nice relaxing day with my daughter, we enjoy a little pamper every now and again!

Nice venue, Tidy but a little cob web here and there. Ok we all have them, but these were very... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from $12.96
from $15.29
from $12.96
More Info
All reviews afternoon tea aromatherapy room water beds scalp massage lovely relaxing day hot stone beds changing rooms relaxation area shoulder and back massage relaxing hour caesar salad mini treatments treatment rooms included treatments sauna and steam room friends birthday food was lovely
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2019

Made to feel very welcome, friendly staff and lovely relaxing day. Exceptional customer care and service from a lady called Mena who was serving food and drinks in the restaurant. This is the second trip, once with a group and second on my own. Each time she exceeded my expectations and is an asset to Kingsford Park. (Janet) I am posting this review under my husbands account

Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

Had an amazing spa day at bannatynes with my mum and my sister, after a long hard week at work and having to travel over an hour to get there, but was worth the trip. The reception staff were helpful and friendly and the food was lovely especially the chips Yum. We all really enjoyed our treatments, I had the most amazing massage and facial from Melanie, considering How nervous I was feeling as not hadn't these treatments before, but she knew how to make me feel relaxed and at ease, lovely girl. The stone beds felt amazing to relax on after our treatments, it was a lovely end to a lovely day will definitely come back again soon.

1  Thank Snezly
GM K, General Manager at Bannatyne Health Club & Spa - Colchester, Kingsford Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2019

We look forward to seeing you soon, and we are so pleased Melanie could put you at ease. We will ensure that we pass on your feedback, and thank you again for your review!
Kind regards,

Reviewed May 2, 2019

Fabulous. What a great way to unwind and destress!
Easy to get to, lots of parking, wonderful grounds, warm and welcoming staff.
That's all …… what more do you want!?!

Date of experience: May 2019

Thank you so much and I hope you managed to catch the sunshine during your visit!
We hope to welcome you back soon!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 25, 2019

The following is an email we sent to let them know of our disappointment. Wouldn't return to this Spa.

On the 24th April myself and my friend attended a Premium Spa Day at the Kingsford Spa and we are writing to advise you of a number of issues which, quite honestly, ruined the experience for us both.

On arrival we were directed to the conservatory and told that someone would be along to give us a tour of the Spa and take to us to our treatments. A lady came along and gave us our bags containing flip flops, towel and robes and informed us she would return to give us our tour. Whilst waiting we filled in the relevant form and inspected our spa bags. When we took out our robes we were shocked to see a shoddy (and that is being polite), dirty and unpleasant smelling robe and a wet, albeit a white newer robe and one pair of fit flops which were unwearable.

We were still waiting for the lady to return and when someone else came in I asked her what to do as we only had 5 minutes or so before our booked treatment time. She apologised and changed the dirty robe and took us to the treatment waiting area. We still had all our bags with us and wanted to get changed before our treatment so decided to go to reception and tell them we were going to the changing room and could they inform our therapist. We were told that if we did this we would miss some of our treatment time and it would be our fault. We took the receptionist to task regarding this as it was certainly not our fault as we were the ones who had been kept waiting and we had arrived at least 35 minutes before our booked time (as per your advice).
Whilst changing the therapist came in looking for us. We told her we would be as quick as possible, bearing in mind the first locker we had tried to use was broken and we had to empty that and try again! By this time our stress levels had risen and the start of our relaxing spa day was not going well. The therapist changed the wet robe and also the fit flops for us when we got to the treatment room.
We eventually managed to have our treatments which were pleasant and managed to relax slightly but we only received 45 minute treatment time from start to finish. This to us seems that our treatment time was cut which would mean the therapists were rushed.
To top it all when we went to the changing room toilets, there was no toilet roll in any of the toilets. Not what you would expect from a busy Health Club and Spa when even McDonalds can manage regular toilet checks.
On leaving we did explain our disappointment of the day to the young lady on reception and the cost of the Spa Bags was refunded. However we still feel it is necessary to inform you of our disillusionment of Bannatyne Spa Days. After all, feedback is a gift.

Date of experience: April 2019

Dear Libby,
I understand the team have been in contact directly with you in response to your email, and do hope that we can resolve your concerns for you.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

We have visited this spa a total of 5 times, each getting progressively worse!
Our first visit we couldn’t fault, the visit before todays, we had our treatments cut short and complained, only to get no response at all. Despite this, we gave it one last go as it is local to us. Each time we have been we pay around £100 for one course meal, normally two treatments and use of the spa, which again we did today.
When we arrived, the reception staff each looked at us and walked away, leaving one girl forced to acknowledge us... not a good start.
We then went to the restaurant, only to be ignored while standing at the door by another 3 members of staff. Granted, they was short staffed after talking to them, and was surprised how quickly the food came out considering other guests clearly had been waiting some time.
We can never fault the food here and again today the quality was upheld.
Our treatments where booked in for 4pm. Arriving 5 mins before, we was kept waiting until 4:05 (I will explain why this is significant) and then another 5 mins laying on the beds waiting for the therapists.
Our treatment started with a Swedish leg, arm and hand massage. I have never been in so much pain that where we had to clench our fists and flinch, and yet still didn’t ask how the pressure was.
I did not receive my hand massage but partner did.
The next treatment was a facial, but before this we was kept waiting on the bed for another 5-10 mins while another therapist took over one of us for the facial. The total treatment time was meant to be 55 mins, we finished at 4:55 making that 15-20 mins short yet again!!!
We went straight down to reception and luckily was greeted by a manager. She apologised and said we could have a slot for 6pm for a 15 min treatment of our choice. We thought wonderful and accepted.
5:55 we waited... and waited... until 6:10 when we went back to reception and complained again, to be told that the appointment was for 6:15! After arguing that this wasn’t the case we gave up and was told to complain to an email address.
I explained I had done this previously and not got a response, to which they gave me the managers email address.... which was the same one I emailed last time!!!!
We explained would not be returning again, to which they was very uninterested and simply said “ok”
We are currently searching for new spas so if anyone could recommend any locally we would really appreciate it!

*would like to rate food 5 star but experience 1 star*