Bannatyne Health Club & Spa - Colchester, Kingsford Park
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Spa Day Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Took my wife to your SPA for her 50th birthday as a treat. She has been to several Spa days this is my first time .
I cannot thank all the staff we met enough . Please pass on my great full thanks to all our therapists and please find out who they all were and thank them personally from me.My wife has a fantastic day which started at your spa. Thank you so much .

Kind regards
Mick L.

Colchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good but flawed spa experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Have been a few times now and have had mixed experiences. I'm giving an average rating because, although good in some areas, for a spa experience to be effective (ie. a relaxing treat) the bar really has to be set high.
The good:
the place itself is very pleasant
treatments are good
the food is healthy but tasty - not easy to achieve.
The bad:
the staff often seem inattentive - perhaps too busy?
the place is sometimes rammed full of cackling hen-do-goers.
there have been mistakes with orders/bookings
All-in-all spa-day-wise it can feel like you're on a bit of a conveyor belt and the odd mistake means it ceases to be as relaxing as it could be.
Being an 'average' spa experience isn't to be sneezed at, but this place could do so much better.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Disposalist
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Spa day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've just spent the day at Clarice House with my mum enjoying the Bliss package with a few added extras. We had a wonderful day. Unlike a previous reviewer, we didn't feel rushed at all, despite having quite a few treatments (back massage, silk scalp treatment, leg massage, facial and manicure). We had time to relax before lunch and then time in the pool in the afternoon. In fact, we both thought it was incredibly well organised. The staff were very friendly (I've previously been to a spa where the staff were rather snobbish) and very attentive. The food was excellent (terrine and fish) and, although the drinks were quite expensive, no more than in any good restaurant or pub. I was recommended the spa by a friend and I'll be recommending it to others. We'll definitely be going back.

Billericay, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spa day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

A really lovely day. Went with daughter and friend with her daughter as post exam treat. The therapists were very professional and had massage, facial and pedicure which were all very good. The food was excellent- good portion sizes and all food really tasty. Coffees etc rather expensive at over £3 each -even more than costas/ Starbucks etc!! Pool sauna etc really nice and not too busy.
Overall a really lovely day. Thank you!

essex
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I spent a day at Clarice House Spa and although the spa facilities are very good, I thought the massage I had was unprofessional. The room was light and with windows wide open made it rather chilly. I was ushered quickly from one treatment to another making it not very relaxing but stressful. My lunch was bland and apart from piles of salad leaves was poor. I would NOT recommend going here if you expect a relaxing professional experience, you will be disappointed.

Visited July 2013