“Impressed!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Granata

Granata
Ranked #61 of 466 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Based on reviews I read online we decided to try Granata for my Graduation meal, instead of the usual chain restaurants we go to, and I am glad we did. The food was delicious, decent serving time and the staff were attentive, welcoming and entertaining. Will definitely be coming back, just wish I'd discovered it sooner.

• Visited July 2013

London, United Kingdom
“A great local Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

After a bad experience with Ask we wondered why we were going to the chains and decided just to eat in independent restaurants. Granata doesn't disappoint, a varied menu with great service and a lovely atmosphere. We were impressed!

• Visited June 2013
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Most disappointing restaurant I have been to in ages!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I thought restaurants like this no longer existed! I was looking forward to an authentic Italian meal in a small cosy intimate setting, but the experience was like being in an episode of `Fawlty Towers'!
The food was like a throw back to the 70's - A HUGE disappointment!
The experience was rounded off by the surliest and most unhelpful waiter that we have encountered in a long time!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Allison H
England UK
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Visited for an early dinner with my husband. A lovely quaint atmosphere with no fuss or frills. Very extensive menu with a good selection of fish.
I had the mozzarella starter, delicious and there was enough for 2. Hubby had minestrone soup which he thoroughly enjoyed.
I had the chicken, penne pasta and napoli sauce for main course, a very generous portion and it came with potatoes and veg which I didn't touch,in my opinion, there is no need to serve them.Hubby had sliced steak in a madeira sauce and he couldn't finish it. Once again, a very generous portion. We thought the food was very good, the staff were attentive and we will go back!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Louby62
London, United Kingdom
“Best Italian in Colchester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We eat here regularly, maybe once a month. I love Italian cuisine and since joining tripadvisor, I had to review this wonderful little restaurant on North Hill, Colchester. In an age where towns and city's seem to be overrun with large franchises and chains of restaurants, it is easy to overlook independent restaurants like Granatas when choosing where to dine. I would highly recommend the food, all freshly made. My favourite starter would have to be the fresh Mersea mussels in a marinara sauce, I cannot usually resist the fillet steak as it is the best fillet I can find anywhere., fresh pasta dishes are always consistently great, plenty of choice. Service is old school, attentive yet discrete., I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. Well worth a visit if you are in town.

• Visited May 2013