“Amazing food and first class service”
Review of La Cascada - CLOSED

La Cascada
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: La Cascada Spanish Restaurant on Fox Street in Colchester Essex is an established building with modern decor. Large gardens with ample parking facilities make this the ideal location for special events, parties, functions and various occasions.Our main dining area provides comfortable seated dining for 60 guests.A smaller separate function area for up to 20 guests also available for hire, but also offers a more intimate dining experience.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went last night with my wife for our anniversary well all i can say is we cant wait to go back. The food was excellent. We had a selection of tapas to start which was very filling. My wife had the chicken and peppers for main which she loved and shes hard to please. I had the pork wellington which had bags of flavour. We were that full that we shared dessert which was pecan pie again was really nice. The service is the best i have ever encountered and the total bill came to £65 which included a bottle of wine and a jug of sangria. Excellent value for money

2  Thank Gunner1983

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I recently started a Spanish language group for U3A. The retired and semi-retired have one thing in common they claim they never have any spare time in their heavy schedule. They are also keen on luncheon clubs.
I thought I would combine their love for self-improvement i.e. learning a language and luncheon groups so I went to La Cascada to do a reconnaissance to report back so we can set up a Spanish Language group lunch/ dinner.
We booked for a Wednesday night. The menu is quite varied so we were torn between ordering tapas and just sharing and ordering as we went along. We decided to compromise so the first course was four tapas. Each tapas has say four pieces of garlic bread. We had two garlic breads with alli olli which is olive oil mayonnaise. We also had a good selection of olives.
I ordered lasagne which we were assured was abuela’s recipe (grandma). My partner had rib eye steak with jenga chips. They are big chips and you can build a jenga out of them another had fish stew which he cleared. In fact there was nothing left on our plates when we finished.
I don’t drink but the other three had Spanish rose wine. They must have liked it as they had two bottles between the three of them
The service was good as once we had ordered the tapas turned up there did not seem to be much of a wait before the main courses. The waitress was very helpful and answered our questions.
We had garlic bread, croquetas queso manchago and tortilla as tapas. They went down very well.
The opinion was universally good and I know these people they are very fussy where food is concerned and they really enjoyed themselves. Unfortunately my lasana was such a large portion that I could not find any space for postre. (dessert) Abuela knows how to make a lasana and her relatives know how to give good service. We will definitely be returning with the Spanish group. I don’t personally give a crap if they want to come with us as I will be going and they will miss out. Fuerte queso (hard cheese)

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We arrived without booking on a Friday afternoon, a vegetarian, a 14 month old and an experienced Tapas eater in tow. We were made to feel completely welcome, and the restaurant was accessible to those using wheels throughout which made the experience even more pleasant. \the food was beautiful and there was a lovely variety to choose from. The waitress (Erica) was kind, thoughtful and took great care of us. The prices were very reasonable and we have already recommended La Cascada to our friends and simply need an excuse to return. Wonderful experience, thank you so much.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant on a cold January evening. The food was excellent over all of the three course we each ordered. The setting is nice and the service was excellent. The waiter was very knowledgeable with regard to the food and wine. We would definitely visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Just back from having lunch at La Cascada with my husband and daughter . We have been before and have always enjoyed the food but today the food was particularly good and deserves every one of the five stars . We chose a selection from the tapas menu . Each dish tasted really fresh, was hot, well cooked and the service was excellent . The mussels in my opinion are the best I've eaten in this area - simply delicious as are the prawn dishes.The staff here are friendly and efficient and want you to enjoy the food you order. We had the Crema Catalana for dessert which today seemed better than ever too . Overall we felt our lunch was good value and all had a very pleasant and relaxing time. Apart from the wonderful food we also like the fact everyone is made to feel very welcome - I really cannot give enough praise to this restaurant for that.