“Mothers Day Meal Amazing”
Review of La Cascada - CLOSED

La Cascada
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Cascada Spanish Restaurant on Fox Street in Colchester Essex is an established building with modern decor. Large gardens with ample parking facilities make this the ideal location for special events, parties, functions and various occasions.Our main dining area provides comfortable seated dining for 60 guests.A smaller separate function area for up to 20 guests also available for hire, but also offers a more intimate dining experience.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Thanks to all the welcoming lovely staff at La Cascada for making my Mothers Day so special.
I took my family to this lovely restuarant and had a terrific meal for the first time I had Paellea it was lovely, the Staff can never do to much to help.

Thanks Again
Nikkizoom and Family

LaCascadaColchester, Owner at La Cascada, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear Nikkizoom and family,

Thank's for spending Mother's Day with us and thank you for your very kind words. Glad you enjoyed the Paella and hope to see you again soon.

With thanks

Dave @ La Cascada

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was a church group Christmas dinner booked for mid January. We were offered the Christmas lunch time menu at a discount due to the amount of diners (43) and presumably because Jan' is normally a slack time. There were multiple choices within each course of which there were four, so something for everyone. There was only one complaint that one or two soup starters were tepid but the owner apologised and would have re-warmed or replaced them had they have been asked.
With four people serving forty three we expected a longer wait than experienced, the staff worked very hard and remained calm and very friendly but professional at all times. A number of our party frequent restaurants regularly and counted this among one of the better ones.The above accepted (soup) , we could not fault the food or service.
We will almost certainly return next year or perhaps at other times as a group or individuals.
We will most certainly recommend La Cascada.
Thank you staff and owners!

2  Thank Grangand
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stopped off here on the spur of the moment in half term week with my teenage niece. When we arrived it was empty, a few people came in after us. It was however a Monday.

We ordered a selection of tapas - calamari, albondigas, chicken, cheese croquettes, patatas bravas. The food was excellent although I did think the patatas could have been a tiny bit hotter; however that could be a personal preference.

I think Cascada suffers because of where it is - if it was in the centre of town I'm sure it would be rammed. Its a vast improvement on Tasca and the like and I would definitely recommend it.

2  Thank LizWLondon
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I took a Spanish friend to La Cascada last night. Parking was easy in the large car park. The service was excellent and friendly. We had sea bass on chorizo flavoured base with seasonal vegetables. Everything was cooked to perfection. Our friend had a dish of pork belly with beans which he said was authentic and delicious. Negatives? The place is relatively new and rather too bright and shiny for it to have any real atmosphere. Our table surface was sticky and hadn't been wiped down properly. There was a minor error on the bill. The choice of beers was limited. Overall, despite these issues, we had a very pleasant evening and found the bill reasonable once the error was sorted out. Well worth a visit.

3  Thank William K
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went twice in the space of one week. The first occasion was our regular 'girls night out'. We didn't order tapas as we wanted desserts. Everyone enjoyed their mains. I almost ordered the belly pork, but because of past experiences elsewhere I didn't. I might have regretted not ordering it, but my steak with pepper sauce was wonderful; so often the sauce is overpowering but this was just right and the vegetables: carrots, beans and broccoli had just the right amount of bite, the herby tomato and jenga chips were also good. Two friends had the belly pork and it was cooked perfectly, very slowly and most of the fat had melted away. The pasta dish was also delicious. The desserts were fabulous and large! We sat in the small room off the bar which was good for us as we like to chat.

It was a quiet Monday night, the service was good and the waitress very charming and attentive. We also spoke with the management, so it was a very good first visit.

On the second ocassion I went for the Guitar music night. The player was accomplished but over-amplified. This time my husband and I ordered 3 Tapas between us as a starter. Calamari, Mushrooms and a lovely refreshing Gem lettuce salad with tomato and olives. We also ordered the suckling pig special, which was beautifully cooked, there was far too much for me, so I had a doggy bag and it went down well for a couple of lunches served sliced with salad.

3  Thank Sue A