I stayed at the hotel with 2 friends on Dec 7th while attending an evening event in the city centre. We were greeted on reception by the friendly and professional Sarah. She was lovely and nothing was too much trouble. Our rooms were spotless, large and comfortable, on the ground floor around the corner from reception. The Sunday morning my roommate and I noticed a leak coming from underneath the bath and reported this to Sarah who said it would be taken care of ASAP but as we were then leaving it was too late for our stay.
We had a fabulous breakfast in the pub next door where the serving staff were equally as pleasant. After leaving the hotel my roommate realised she had lost a valuable ring and was really quite upset. We rang the hotel and Sarah walked down to the room while I was on the phone and spoke to someone who was presumably cleaning the room. They found the ring within 10 secs......we were so relieved and retuned to pick it up. We then decided to buy some coffees in the pub next door & were quite surprised that the containers were only half full only to be told that this was how the machine measured them. If we wanted full cups, 2 coffees would cost £10.00..........a very steep price!!
Apart from the leak and the coffees we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Roman temples and landscapes beloved by John Constable right on your doorstep ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Colchester Cowdray Avenue (A133) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Colchester Central Hotel Colchester
- Premier Inn Colchester Cowdray Avenue (A133) Hotel Essex