“Wonderful food and service”
Review of Banquet Chinese

Banquet Chinese
Reserve with OpenTable
Banquet Chinese is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 517 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Banquet Chinese is a restaurant and venue unlike any other found in Colchester or North Essex today. This is Chinese food the way it is meant to be experienced! Our mouth-watering dishes are cooked to perfection by award-winning chefs using only the freshest and finest ingredients. The interior has been carefully chosen and imported from China to create a genuine and sophisticated yet relaxed atmosphere in which to enjoy your lunch or evening meal, perhaps together with a bottle of wine from the well rounded wine list supplied by Enotria World Wines. Please take some time to familiarise yourself with Banquet Chinese here on our website. Have a look at our menus and wine lists. Read about Dim Sum, the delicious little dishes perfect as starters or as a light and sophisticated lunch time meal.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We have eaten here a few times and it is always fantastic. Each time we go I try something different from the Dim Sum menu. The food is top notch and the staff are attentive without being intrusive.

My mother in law has a gluten intolerance but when we took her to 1408 the staff helped find suitable dishes for her.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Since being unable to eat gluten some years ago I have really missed going out for the occasional Chinese meal. Knowing this my family took me to the 1408 banquet for my birthday, the staff were knowledgable about my requirements, they have a separate menu for those of us with food intolerances. I can only say the food was amazing, so fresh and tasty. The rest of the family enjoyed their meal too and the service was fantastic, nothing was too much trouble. It is a little bit on the pricey side but that is well worth it for the experience and we will be sure to go back for other celebration meals. We didn't have young children with us but i believe that families with youngsters can visit before 7:30 but you would need to check this first.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Food is not cheap but good selection and well cooked. Staff very polite and attentive and lovely atmosphere to the place.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Visited with friend for lunch, although we had no booking the staff were friendly and we were given a table straightaway although they were busy. Have only been in the evening before, but can recommend the lunchtime dim sum selection. The Dragon Buns were great, and the waiter was very helpful over food variety and quantity to order. The capital ribs sauce is superb, and I think this has always been my best experience of Chinese food in north Essex. It's good to know the lunchtime menu is up to their usual high standard.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We visited with two young children and had Dim Sum. The staff were friendly, and it was nice to see oriental decor that was still very modern. The food was delicious, we had Prawn Cheung fun, Prawn Siu Mai, Char Siu Buns, Spring rolls, Beef Ho Fun with black bean sauce, Egg Fried rice. I have eaten at lots of chinese restaurants, so I know the dry sensation you get when there is alot of MSG in the food, but I couldn't taste MSG in any of the dishes. (The only tiny gripe I have is there was a tiny amount of egg in the Egg fried rice). It was nice to see that they had left a small gap between bookings as we could see people leaving, and then a few minutes later the next customers would arrive and be seated. The management in chinese restaurants tend to cram bookings in, and therefore the waiters are rushed,and hover over you to clear plates and throw the bill at you. Not here though, as it felt very leisurely. The atmosphere was nice as there were plenty of diners but it wasn't too noisy. We will definitely be coming back as we think it is reasonably priced, and delicious food. We were over due a place in Essex with good Dim Sum!