“A bit arrogant, like they're doing you a favour”
Review of The Company Shed

The Company Shed
Ranked #27 of 491 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Used to love it here, but the atmosphere is a bit fraught. Big groups of people aren't made to feel very welcome.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I love this place. You need to arrive early as no bookings but when you get in, it is fantastic! Worthy of a Michelin star!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is the second time I have been here, this time visiting with some seafood loving family, I have to say that my second visit just reinforced the thoughts from my first.

If you like your seafood fresh and well prepared, then this is without doubt one of the best places to enjoy it. If you like native oysters then it must be the best.

Not prissy in the slightest, indeed at times seeming to descend into organised chaos,organised it is however, with great service from staff who all seem to be willing participants in this spectacle.

All credit should be given to a company that just concentrate on doing what they are good at, no pretence or window dressing required.

Well worth the wait if you do not get there early enough.

I just wish I lived nearer or it would be a regular haunt for this seafood lover.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I heard about the company shed on the television and travelled with my family from Leicestershire. You can't book so we aimed to arrive for midday on a Thursday, already the restaurant was full and we were given an estimated 40 minute wait, not a problem it was good to see it so popular! We were greeted by very friendly staff and a great atmosphere. We took our own bread and drinks because this restaurant just does seafood. We enjoyed perfectly cooked mussels,scallops and prawns and a dozen tasty oysters. The staff were very friendly and efficient. Informal great atmosphere, great seafood and very reasonably priced, wish we lived closer! Highly recommend it.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

what you see is what you get, the company shed is just that a shed no airs and graces but if you like sea food its the place to go, oysters sea food platters crab, take your own bread and drink and enjoy the food.