“Enjoyable but:”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Akbars is the most popular curry house in town. There is a reason for this, frankly food wise, it is the best. My three stars stems not from food quality but more for service issues. The staff were all very friendly but the problem with Akbars is that it is too busy. You can not book a table and you can be waiting up to 45 minutes to be seated. I like a drink before a meal anyway so that in itself is not a problem, however with the sheer quantity of people there are not enough seats.

Once you do get your table everything is very rushed, understandable as they need your table again.

I will go again as the food is worth it,

If you want a leisurely relaxing meal do not go to Akbars... if you want a decent curry in a quirky setting wit a bustling atmosphere you can not go wrong.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and i ate here last week. One of the waiters scattered rose petals on our table (lovely touch) which impressed me. The food was absolutely scrummy! The service was perfect. Our waiter was called Khurram and very attentive! I would definitely recommend Akbars in Rotherham. Thanks guys! The Clarkes :0)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

hi, its me kash yesterday i am going with my family to akbars restaurant rotherham food is very good and service is excellent specially i like that waiter jojo and i would recommend trying this place, i will come again, thx,

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I heard about it alot so I decided to go with my friends it was really good and I am well pleased with the service I got from a waiter called jojo I would like to say that I will come again

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I love this place!!!! The food was exquiste and the service fantastic as the staff were very attentive making sure our party was happy, all around great experience....if you want authentic tasting food and a really great atmosphere....I would recommend trying this place....definitely worth a trip.