“Family trek 2”

GreenLeadersBronze level
England
“Family trek 2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great stay again . We took the two day" discovering Yorkshire" package with two rooms,breakfast,one dinner and packed lunch. OK we were really visiting the Grandmas but turning up with your own lunch did get brownie points and we didnt have to eat Wonderloaf ! Two rooms on the 2nd floor were clean and very comfortable;excellent evening meal and we are fussy;very helpful staff ;free wifi . We will be back.

Room Tip: the higher the better
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AndrewDeighan, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you very much for the great review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your second stay with us as much as your first.
Thanks again for the review and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Booked this for a one night stay as our usual hotel in the area was not available. Lovely hotel, very comfortable and all areas were spotlessly clean. Had dinner and breakfast and both were very good.The staff were all superb and could not have done more to make our stay enjoyable.

An excellent choice for visiting the area if you want to get away from things after your day, ideal for business and the perfect place to break a journey on the M1.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
AndrewDeighan, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for the great review, It’s always great to see such great feedback, especially when it is from a guest who has a regular hotel nearby.
I am delighted that you had a good stay and I hope that we have done enough to be first choice next time you stay!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Found this hotel by chance a couple of years ago & have stayed there three times since. Most recent stay was over the May bank holiday weekend. Although away from Sheffield city centre it is easy to find & was ideal for an event I was attending at the EIS. Staff, as always, were friendly,helpful & polite. Rooms are clean, spacious & the beds are really comfortable. Food is pleasant enough, nothing too fancy but no real complaints. Easily the best hotel I've used in the Sheffield area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I am so pleased that you think we are so good, we try our very best!
Thank you for continuing to stay with us and I hope we see you again soon
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

what a lovely hotel this is . lovely comfy bed which was massive . we had a 3 course evening meal which was lovely and hot . the staff were really nice. the only thing I can say is that the breakfast could have done with being a bit warmer bacon was cold . we should have said something really but didn't over all a very relaxing time .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AndrewDeighan, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I must apologise if the bacon was not hot enough when you had breakfast. I have passed your comments onto our restaurant manager to look into immediately. I appreciate you mentioning it as we can only maintain our high standard by listening to what our guests tell us so we value all of the feedback we receive from our guests.
Thank you again for the review and I hope that we will see you again soon.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I just loved staying there, everything was just so calm, and the breakfast buffet was brilliant! Super service, plenty of car parking. The hotel is away from other buildings in a quiet setting just a minute from the motorway.

Room Tip: The executive double rooms are very spacious
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for the great review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and that you found such peace and quiet!
Thanks for staying with us and I hope we will see you again soon.
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My experience is that hotels are either really nice because they charge a lot and so can afford to be (when I'm away on business and someone else is paying) or fairly basic because when I'm paying I'm not prepared to spend as much. It was fantastic that at the Aston we got a luxury experience for a budget price - just £44 for a twin room.
The staff were friendly, the hotel was spotlessly clean and well equipped, the bed was comfortable and it was quiet. I didn't get chance to try the bar but it looked great too.
The shower was excellent although it's worth noting that there was no bath in our room if that matters to you.
The only slightly negative point for some people might be the location as it is a (short and easy) car journey to anywhere. That was no problem for us as it was the right side of Sheffield for where we needed to be but it probably means that travelers using public transport might be advised to look elsewhere.
If you're going to the EIS in Sheffield and you're traveling by car this hotel is the one to use.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the lovely review. I am very pleased that you had a good time and I am especially pleased that you found us to be such good value.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope we will see you soon.
Berlin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Needed a hotel in Sheffield in a hurry after a horrendous day which included getting wet through and muddy in a swamp, dealing with a difficult family situation and culminating in having someone run into the back of my car. Really needed somewhere to just chill out and get a decent night's sleep. Reception staff had excellent professional but friendly manner - room was clean, comfortable and well appointed - more importantly the bed afforded the best night's sleep I've had in months. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and well cooked. Restaurant staff good. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you very much for the review, I am delighted that we were able to offer you respite after what sounds like a thoroughly rotten day.
Thanks for staying with us and I hope we will see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rotherham
Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel
Novotel Sheffield Centre
Novotel Sheffield Centre
#17 of 53 in Sheffield
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,426 reviews

Been to Mercure Sheffield Parkway? Share your experiences!