“Clean and good value”

Mercure Sheffield Parkway
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed at this hotel whilst attending a show at the motorpoint arena. It was only about 3 miles away and as we didn't want to get caught in the traffic decided to book a taxi, which the hotel reception booked for us at no extra charge. The fare was only £6 each way so not really worth taking the car as the parking at arena was £5 and extremely hectic. The room was excellent, clean, and on-suite with tea and coffee in the room. It also had an Iron and hairdryer which were no extra charge, a pleasant surprise. The breakfast buffet was excellent with plenty of choice. My only gripe was the dining room staff were inadequately trained, all be it pleasant enough. When we stay next time we will pay for breakfast seperately as there is no saving by booking bed and breakfast and you have the option of purchasing breakfast items seperately and as I wasn't very hungry due to having to get off early I had paid an extra £10 for 2 slices of toast and preserve. All in all a very pleasant stay and we would definitely stay again but purchase breakfast seperately.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
AndrewDeighan, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you very much for the great review. I am very pleased that you liked the hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions regarding your experience at breakfast. We genuinely strive for excellence and on the odd occasion we get it wrong we try very hard to understand the where and why so that we can keep improving, so all the feedback we receive is hugely valuable.
Thank you again for the review and thank you for choosing to stay with us, I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Aston Hotel Rotherham for 2 nights b&b. We had an issue with the TV on the first night, I rang downstairs & one of the manager's came up. She heard the crackling sound from the TV and moved us to another room straightaway. For the inconvenience caused, she offered a complimentary 3-course meal for two including drinks the following night! The room was clean & of a very high standard. The staff were very friendly, polite & professional. We had a big breakfast on both mornings, we requested fish as we are both vegetarians, it was brought to us with no fuss whatsoever! We have stayed in hotels & b&b's up & down the country but, this hotel in terms of professionalism, quality, cleanliness & customer service, is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. Amazing weekend & will definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the back of the hotel, you will have a scenic view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for the great review and thank you very much for the comment card you left behind on departure.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that there was a problem with your room but delighted that we were able to put it right to your satisfaction.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stay at many of the so called main 3/4 star hotels and often disappointed but the Aston is a real treat. Realistic pricing for excellent rooms, super food by a real chef and very friendly helpful staff. Just a pity there is not more Aston hotels around.

Room Tip: Only experience second floor at the rear which was fine.
1  Thank A C
AndrewDeighan, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for the brilliant review. It is always a pleasure to read such fulsome praise, we work hard to ensure that we deliver this kind of experience to everyone so it is always encouraging to hear that we have achieved our aim!
Thank you again for the review and I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had my 50th birthday party at the hotel for around 90 people on 22 September 2012. We had a live band, the ambience was great and the staff were really helpful and friendly. Many people stayed over and commented favourably about the rooms, food and service. I would highly recommend the hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Adrian T

Thank you for writing such a great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your party.
We really appreciate your business and it was great to be approached to host your event. I know the team were keen to ensure that it was a memorable night for you and it is wonderful to see that this was achieved. Happy Birthday and thank you again for your ongoing support.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed at the Aston Hotel Sheffield last night. What a fantastic Hotel, ideal situated if you are going to Motor point Arena like we where. (Taxi to Arena only £6).
Hotel nicely decorated, clean and all staff really friendly.
Rooms really spacious, immaculately clean and the bed was fantastic - best night sleep I've had in ages.
Breakfast was nice with plenty of choice.
Overall experience was a very pleasant one. I would definately stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Lisa B

Thank you for the great review. I am very pleased that you had a good stay with us and I trust that the show at the arena was equally good; the general consensus amongst those who stayed with us seemed to be that it was excellent!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Visited on Chatsworth deal. Very good value. Staff excellent. Restaurant food fine for the price you pay. Only draw back noise from the guests above as we were on first floor although we were offered the chance to move rooms.

Room Tip: Choose top floor at the rear.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
AndrewDeighan, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for your review. I must apologise about the guest above you on your first morning, reports of such heavy footed guests are thankfully rare, and as you mention we would have happily moved you rooms had you wished.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the food and I do hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

excellant chatsworth house deal room was clean roomy and comfy,dinner on first night was superb and staff very friendly and attentive.breakfast hot and great selection chatsworth was brilliant and weather was sunny all weekend.sheffield city centre was disappointing for a night out wished we had stayed and had dinner in hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for the lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Your comment about your second night is hugely complimentary to us and I thank you for it!
Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rotherham
Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel
Carlton Park Hotel
Carlton Park Hotel
#8 of 15 in Rotherham
Hampton By Hilton Sheffield

Been to Mercure Sheffield Parkway? Share your experiences!