Mercure Sheffield Parkway
The Welcome Inn(Rotherham)
$50
Consort Hotel(Rotherham)
$47
Ibis Rotherham East(Rotherham)(Great Value!)
$40
$39
$67
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsaston hotelbusiness parkmurder mysterycourse evening meallovely hotelexcellent value for moneymeadowhall shopping centreplenty of parkinggood sizebed and breakfastbuffet styleshort driveone night stayboth nightsreception staffenjoyable staytea and coffee
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Just returned from a bargain mini break at the Aston Hotel. This was a special offer through an e-mail sent from Travelzoo. £79 per person for 2 night's B&B plus dinner on first night including a bottle of wine. Also tickets to Chatsworth which we have wanted to visit for a long time. The reception check in was very good as was check out. Had a puncture the first morning and was no problem for me to use reception phone to call the emergency call-out company. The room was very comfy. Liked the power shower despite being a "bath at night person"!! The bed was a little too soft for my liking but that is a matter of personal taste and you can't please everyone! Think there was either a wedding on or guests were staying at the hotel so a bit noisy especially from the car park with one particular guest revving up his engine into the early hours of the morning. Both dinner and breakfast were good with excellent menu to choose from. All in all a very enjoyable stay with professional and friendly staff looking after us. Would like to try your other two hotels in Dumfries and Darlington respectively - maybe I will be lucky in the monthly draw!! A BIG thanks to everyone.

Room Tip: If you want complete quiet, perhaps ask for a room facing back of hotel (if there are any?), to avoid the car park noise!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Haeremai18
AndrewDeighan, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your break with us. The Chatsworth package continues to be extremely popular and the team and I are very proud that so many people have such a great time!
Sorry to see that you had to call out the breakdown van but I am pleased that we were able to assist.
Thanks again for the review and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I do hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here last week on business. Website does not do this place justice. It is one of the most immaculate hotels I have ever stayed in. Well laid out, very modern, great food and beds are great as well as the large showers in the bedroom. Special mention of Sam who checked me in, real warm friendly check in and very professional but just that personal yorkshire touch and someone who really loves her job. All staff super friendly and only want to help you round every corner. On this occasion cannot this of one fault, simply excellent from start to finish.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Noel77

Thank you very much for the great review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that the staff were welcoming. We work very hard to maintain that standard so it is always very encouraging to be told we are doing things correctly!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed in 2 rooms for 2 nights in June. Paid a good price for an excellent hotel. The rooms were spacious with great facilities and lovely decor. Staff were all absolutely lovely. We arrived at 11am and our room wasnt ready (we didnt expect it to be) and so staff put our cases behind reception whilst we went to meadowhall (didnt want to leave cases in the car whilst in shopping centre). When we returned to the hotel the staff had taken our things to our room.
The rooms were noisy. Our neighbours werent, just general moving about, plugging appliances in etc and we could hear them quite clearly.
We would definately stay again and have already told people how good it was.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TeamBAus
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for writing such a lovely review. I am very pleased that you had such a good stay and that the team were accommodating. I must apologise for any disturbance you might have experienced, rest assured it will be investigated.
Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Lovely Hotel, and the staff were very helpful, would definetely stay again. We booked through the Hotel Shop in Droitwich, and the deal was a real bargain. Had free tickets to Chatsworth which saved us £30 in entrance fees, even the weather stayed dry :)

Room Tip: simply ask for a quite room, on a high floor, perfect, peace & quite
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Preppy9
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed Chatsworth House and delighted that you felt you received such great value for money, I would also dearly love to take credit for the weather but sadly I cannot! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I do hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This hotel is exactly what you would hope, exactly what it claims to be. it was very good value, everything worked, the food was at the good end of acceptable but certainly unmemorable, the wifi worked and the car park is huge. it is a little way out of Sheffield but Sheffield is a small town anyway so not an inconvenience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John L
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you very much for the review. I am very pleased that you felt you received value for money and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope we will see you again soon.